Patient Comments: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatments

What treatments have been effective for your rheumatoid arthritis?

Comment from: ladydi777, Published: November 24

Since being diagnosed with chronic kidney disease I have had a variety of symptoms, lower backache, fatigue, sudsy urine, depression, and tired all over especially if I have walked too much. The depression and fear are the worst things as I don't' know what the future holds for me with this disease that was caused from high blood pressure. Sometimes I just want to be alone because I cannot do the things I used to do. My urine is sometimes a gold color and it is always there so I get feeling sad.

Comment from: zamo, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 22

I have experiencing constant pain on my right flank, constipation and flatulence. I am on medication now for irritable bowel syndrome but there is not much improvement.

Comment from: r1cochet, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 24

I started with methotrexate for my rheumatoid arthritis. I couldn't tolerate the side effects, I was laid out the day after with nausea and fatigue. Then I switched to Arava, I have no issues and it appears to work. As for biologics, I've been on Cimzia (stopped working after 2 years) then Orencia (same thing), and now on Humira (burns awfully when injecting, but the pen is even worse).

Comment from: plus, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 09

My mother started suffering from rheumatoid arthritis when she was 42 (this was 11 years ago). After 2 to 3 years of having diclofenac sodium, this medication became ineffective and she was given biochemic number 19 and this was helpful in relieving her pain by 85 percent. After 2 years even this medicine did not work so she was given another homeopathic medicine which has really helped her; but during seasonal changes she starts showing the symptoms and in such case we increase the dose of the medicine. Ayurvedic remedies have been found to be effective in some other people near about my mother's age that I am aware about.

Comment from: Jennifer, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

One day I started getting pain in the middle joints of my fingers on my right hand, then it went to my other hand, to my wrists, down to both ankles then to my right shoulder all in a matter of approximately 3 weeks. I had no clue what was going on. I called my primary care physician and they wanted me to call the rheumatoid arthritis (RA) doctor that was in the same building as them. I made and appointment, did blood work and x-rays and was diagnosed with RA. When I feel pain, I don't really swell like others describe, but I have pain and weakness in my hands or my ankles, my muscles hurt too. I have osteoarthritis in my knees right now too on top of it so I'm really batting a thousand. When I was diagnosed with RA, my doctor put me on methotrexate. He has me on that still as well as IV infusion therapy every 2 months. When I feel pain in my hands or ankles, I take ibuprofen to help with the symptoms.

Comment from: RAKA M., 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I am also suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Now I am 22 years old. Five years back when I was in class 12, the problems arose. But After two years allopathy treatment I felt good. But nowadays the same condition has reappeared in my life. I am getting tired.

Comment from: louis, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Presently I am 34 years old and have an 8 year old son. Current laboratory tests show that my RA factor is negative. Now no joints are left for swelling. I am suffering from right hand wrist stiffness and left hand elbow stiffness and other parts are going stiff with heavy pain, I can't sleep due to heavy pain in shoulder muscle and joint pain. I have taken all the tests.

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Early Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms at the onset of your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Prognosis Question: What's the prognosis for your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diet Question: Discuss the diet or other lifestyle changes you've made to relieve symptoms of RA.
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diagnosis Question: What led to your rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis?