Patient Comments: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatments

What treatments have been effective for your rheumatoid arthritis?

Comment from: wmaddie1, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 01

I am on Enbrel, and take Vicuprofen, as needed for pain. Right now, I am going through a severe flare up, and nothing really helps.

Comment from: guy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 18

I've had RA for 8 years now and recently had a treatment called; bilateral yttrium synovectomy. It took my knees down to normal size and I have no pain at all now. Miracle treatment for me!

Comment from: Shelly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I have had RA for 14 years now, along with my RA I have fibromyalgia. I am taking Enbrel, cymbalta, flexaril, and prednisone. I don't like taking prednisone due to the horrible long term reports I have heard about. My doctor has suggested I take Leflunomide to replace prednisone. Has anyone, does anyone out there have both Fibromyalsia and RA and using these RX medications. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Published: June 28

No one in my life seems to understand how ra has affected me, it's like ok so what! There are days when I don't feel like moving at all. I have pain medications but if I take it, I know I'll be no good the rest of the day, I either try to tolerate the pain, or give in and waist the whole day on the couch, I'm tired of being sick!

Comment from: Nellie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

A drug called Arava was my miracle drug. I have been in remission for more than 2 years now.

Comment from: Rafiullah Utmani, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: April 11

'Luban' is glue obtained from trees. It is found in the deserts of Pakistan and India which is very useful for arthritis patients.

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Early Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms at the onset of your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Prognosis Question: What's the prognosis for your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diet Question: Discuss the diet or other lifestyle changes you've made to relieve symptoms of RA.
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diagnosis Question: What led to your rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis?