Patient Comments: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diet

Discuss the diet or other lifestyle changes you've made to relieve symptoms and signs of RA.

Comment from: sunshine, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 04

I have had rheumatoid arthritis (RA) for 5 years. Wild sockeye salmon gives me great relief as well as curcumin [turmeric]. I am on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet and I avoid night shade vegetables as well as meat and coffee. I have found that keeping my body alkaline is very helpful. I drink water with lemon. I also avoid corn. This diet keeps the symptoms under control.

Comment from: Jcubed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have found that salt really brings me down. I am trying to eliminate foods with added salt.

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Early Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your symptoms and signs at the onset of your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Prognosis Question: What's the prognosis for your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diagnosis Question: What led to your rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis?