Patient Comments: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Experience

Please describe your experience with rheumatoid arthritis.

Comment from: blaquerose, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I guess I really do not understand rheumatoid arthritis, because when I have flare-ups my rheumatologist says it is not due to rheumatoid arthritis. So if the doctor saw me in August and I showed no signs, and I don't know what that means. It is now November and I can hardly walk because of pain in my groin and I have not been able to move my shoulder for three weeks. Doctor had nurse call to say it is not because of rheumatoid. I don't know what I am missing.

Comment from: Grammy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I have been diagnosed with diverticulosis for over 10 years, so I have flare ups of diverticulitis about 10 to 15 times a year varying in severity. The one thing I have not seen mentioned in the stories is the drug hyoscyamine. I have used it for all of my flare ups and it is a miracle worker to take out the frequent bowel movements and the stabbing pain; works better than pain medicines. And there are no horrid side effects.

Comment from: Graeme, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 16

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 1995. I was put on prednisone resulting in reduced bone density so it is important to have bone scans every 2 years. In 2001 was diagnosed with Felty's syndrome and had my spleen removed 2012. I had heart bypass in 2014. I have just turned 65 and still working. It is important not to give up.

Comment from: Lilly, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 02

I stopped all sugar and chocolate. I loaded up on broccoli and my boils seem to disappear in a few days. I also took multivitamin with B that also seems to help.

Comment from: T, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

For me rheumatoid arthritis (RA) started two years ago at the age of 41; and my life is not the same. For me it started with traveling joint pain. I went to many doctors, it took a year to diagnose, and the only reason I was diagnosed was because I have nodules and they removed one and it came back as RA. I have been in pain every day. But I keep moving. I still can't believe I have this horrible disease that so many suffer from. I have been on one pill a day of diclofenac. If I don't take it, by the third day I can hardly move and I feel like I have the flu. I hope one day it will leave my body!

Comment from: hari om, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 01

Every morning I have deep pain in the right testicle. It is swollen and has warm loose cover.

Comment from: bob, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I have had internal bleeding for 3 years. Doctors have been unable to determine source. It has gotten worse last 2 months. I have transfusions weekly. Caregivers seem content to continue with present treatment.

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Early Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your symptoms and signs at the onset of your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Prognosis Question: What's the prognosis for your rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diet Question: Discuss the diet or other lifestyle changes you've made to relieve symptoms and signs of RA.
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Diagnosis Question: What led to your rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Experience With RA and OA Question: Please describe your experience with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.