Patient Comments: Rhabdomyolysis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your rhabdomyolysis?

Comment from: Jesse16 77, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 18

My 16 year old grandson was diagnosed with severe rhabdomyolysis. He was injured and it caused his small intestine to separate from his bowels. After his injury he could not walk without help and began to immediately vomit. The next day he began to vomit blood which lasted for 5 days. His mom refused to get him any medical help although he was in severe pain, profusely sweating and vomiting blood, and could not move. After 2.5 months the result of his condition is severe muscle, nerve, brain, and cardiac damage. He cannot walk. He is trying to learn to reuse his body and learn how to talk. He is in a wheelchair. He was able to take two steps with a walker.

Comment from: whatsmynameagain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

I am a 26 year old female and have struggled with drug addictions. Last year after a binge on methamphetamine, I started to feel very sick, my whole body hurt, and I had pretty bad chest pains. I went to the hospital. My blood pressure was pretty high and my heart was distressed, as they had me hooked up to a heart monitor. After doing blood tests they diagnosed me with rhabdomyolysis as a result of toxic buildup of meth.

Comment from: bellamcn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I started taking simvastatin in December and shortly after using it I felt like I aged 100 years. I felt like it took all my energy just to get up and walk. I shortly after started having sore spots on my muscles in my legs and hip, I now have difficulty walking with sore muscles in my legs, hips and back. I will never use this drug again.

Comment from: jamac, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I am a 49 year old police officer who suffers from post traumatic syndrome from Iraq. When depressed, which is often, I tend to drink alcohol more than I should. I was also diagnosed with ischemia and placed on Crestor. However, I have always been athletic. So one morning, I had a good workout, but the next day, I was extremely sore and noticed my early morning urine to be extremely dark. I went to the hospital and was diagnosed with rhabdomylosis. I really believe that my alcohol consumption, along with the statin drug, had a lot to do with my condition. I have been taken off the statin, and now seeking help with my alcohol condition.

Comment from: howard, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 26

While I am sleeping I awake with terrible leg pains I try to walk the pain off. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. If not I take two ibuprofen. A short time later the pain is gone .I will soon tell my doctor.

Comment from: Paddy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 24

I am taking Eltroxin and Zocor. I have developed a very high temperature and am very weak. My doctor prescribed me Amoxiclav and I now have a rash from head to toe. I stopped taking antibiotics and took Piriton. The rash subsided but I am still feeling poorly.

Comment from: Rosie Gebara, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

2nd time this is happening, I was diagnosed w/rhabdomyolysis last year and the pain has returned more severely (not a heart attack). The pain has radiated to shoulder down arm. Could this be possibly be rhabdomyolysis again, (have not done any labs), when I was taken to the ER last week, labs were within normal limits.

Rhabdomyolysis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Rhabdomyolysis.
Rhabdomyolysis - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for rhabdomyolysis?