Patient Comments: Rhabdomyolysis - Treatment

What kinds of treatment did you receive for rhabdomyolysis?

Comment from: jkchi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I received IV hydration in the hospital for rhabdomyolysis. You shouldn"t expect a lot of sleep once your kidneys start working again. Urination is frequent with large quantities, unless you get a catheter, which I did not need. My CPK levels were 3,000. My potassium was actually low by day 2. I had a general diet but I ordered food with good protein and also fruits to add in adding fluids. My ability to walk slowly improved over 3 days until I was walking normally. After 3 days in the hospital, I went home and drank water, but mostly slept. In 7 days I was feeling pretty normal again. I am 36 years old.

Comment from: Molly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I was offered hospitalization, but chose to hydrate at home, and rest. I am measuring my urine to make sure I'm making enough, and may eventually end up back at the hospital, but I sure hope not.

Rhabdomyolysis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Rhabdomyolysis.
Rhabdomyolysis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of rhabdomyolysis?