Patient Comments: Rhabdomyolysis - Diagnosis

What tests and exams did you have that led to a diagnosis of rhabdomyolysis?

Comment from: ladyvibes, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I was a 25 years old soldier playing football when I felt my thigh muscle started to burn as if someone had peppered my muscles. I collapsed after the match and was taken to the hospital. I could not feel my legs; my whole body was swollen. At the hospital I was asked to pass my urine when I realized that the color of my urine was very dark. I did some blood tests and it showed that my CPK (creatine phosphokinase) level was 11000 at the time.

Rhabdomyolysis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Rhabdomyolysis.
Rhabdomyolysis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for rhabdomyolysis?