Patient Comments: Retinitis Pigmentosa - Complications

Please discuss the complications associated with retinitis pigmentosa.

Comment from: Soliel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I was diagnosed with retinitis pigmentosa (RP) 10/12. When driving I have to look so many times before pulling out into traffic because I have pulled out and a vehicle barely got by, but I know I looked and saw nothing. Sometimes I will lay something down, but can"t find it. When I step back, it is lying right in front of me. I can"t see anyone walking next to me unless I turn in their direction. I hate shopping most times now, too many people to watch out for. There"s so much more...

Comment from: tashia, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 14

My husband has had retinitis pigmentosa since childhood. Now he is 35 years old and has lost 95% of his eyesight. Now we know that our son also has this serious disease. We are just speechless and helpless.

Retinitis Pigmentosa - Symptoms Question: Please describe the signs and symptoms associated with retinitis pigmentosa.
Retinitis Pigmentosa - Treatment Question: What treatments have you or someone you know received for retinitis pigmentosa?