Patient Comments: Restless Leg Syndrome - Experience

Please describe your experience with restless leg syndrome.

Published: June 09

My RLS symptoms first started about 8 years ago, when I was 40, and have gotten progressively worse in the last year. My particular problem is uncontrolled jumping and jerking of my legs. Having something on my lap, a book, pillow or anything that is applying even the slightest pressure starts my symptoms going. Even the touch of someone's hand on my thigh worsens the problem. I started taking Requip and have found it to be very helpful. The only problem I've found is prolonged drowsiness the following day. I've experimented with different dosages and found .75 mg to be the best. However, I'm still bothered enough by the next day drowsiness that I'm going back to my doctor. I hope you have better luck with this new medication than I've had.

Restless Leg Syndrome - Treatments Question: What method did you find most effective in treating your restless leg syndrome?
Restless Leg Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your restless leg syndrome (RLS)?
Restless Leg Syndrome - Remedies and Alternative Treatments Question: Please share remedies and alternative treatments you've tried to manage restless leg syndrome.