Table of Contents
- Restless leg syndrome facts
- What is restless leg syndrome (RLS)?
- What causes restless leg syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of restless leg syndrome?
- What about restless leg syndrome during pregnancy?
- How is restless leg syndrome diagnosed?
- Can other conditions mimic restless leg syndrome?
- What is the treatment for restless leg syndrome?
- What medications are used to treat restless leg syndrome?
- 5 remedies and complimentary/alternative treatments for restless leg syndrome
- Restless leg syndrome is not curable, but what is the prognosis?
Quick GuideRestless Legs Syndrome: Home Remedies for RLS and Better Sleep
What about restless leg syndrome during pregnancy?
Restless leg syndrome is relatively common during pregnancy, especially in the second half of pregnancy. While most medications used to treat restless leg syndrome have not been adequately studied in pregnant women, the non-medication treatments and techniques described above can be very helpful. Furthermore, avoiding caffeine, warm compresses, massage, and regular exercising according to the doctors' suggestions can be helpful. Continue Reading
1. Photodisc/Getty Images
2. Science Photo Library/Getty Images
3. Science Photo Library/Getty Images
4. Getty Images
5. Hero Images/Getty Images
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Newsletters
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!