Table of Contents
- Restless leg syndrome facts
- What is restless leg syndrome (RLS)?
- What causes restless leg syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of restless leg syndrome?
- What about restless leg syndrome during pregnancy?
- How is restless leg syndrome diagnosed?
- Can other conditions mimic restless leg syndrome?
- What is the treatment for restless leg syndrome?
- What medications are used to treat restless leg syndrome?
- 5 remedies and complimentary/alternative treatments for restless leg syndrome
- Restless leg syndrome is not curable, but what is the prognosis?
Quick GuideRestless Legs Syndrome: Home Remedies for RLS and Better Sleep
What are the symptoms of restless leg syndrome?
Many different symptoms are described by people with restless leg syndrome, for example:
- leg pain,
- burning, and
The characteristic nighttime worsening of symptoms in persons with restless legs syndrome frequency leads to insomnia. Because of lack of sleep, children and some adults may be very drowsy, irritable, and aggressive during daytime hours.
Restless leg syndrome usually begins slowly. Over time, the legs become more affected. Less frequently, restless leg syndrome can affect the arms. Continue Reading
1.Hero Images/Getty Images
2.Science Photo Library/Getty Images
6.Science Photo Library/Getty Images
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Newsletters
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!