Patient Comments: Renal Artery Stenosis - Surgery

Have you had surgery for renal artery stenosis? Please describe your experience.

Comment from: EAGLEBECKY, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I was suffering from very uncontrollable high blood pressure for about nine months. We're talking 220/110. My cardiologist ran all the normal EKGs, Echo tests, etc., and could not find anything. He then did a heart cath and again didn't find anything. He decided to check my renal artery and found a 90 percent blockage, which got me a stent. My BP was great for almost two years when it started again, but all he found was a scarred-over stent, fixed it and once again I'm good. I hope that's the end of stents.

Renal Artery Stenosis - Cause Question: What was the cause of your renal artery stenosis?
Renal Artery Stenosis - Diagnosis Question: How was your renal artery stenosis diagnosed?
Renal Artery Stenosis - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, have you received for renal artery stenosis?