Patient Comments: Renal Artery Stenosis - Diagnosis

Question:How was your renal artery stenosis diagnosed?

Comment from: katqueen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 04

My blood pressure became more difficult to control so I had an MRA to check renal arteries. I have moderate stenosis in my 3 (instead of 2) renal arteries. The nephrologist changed my meds to include Amlodipine and Spironalactone which has helped lower my BP. I see a vascular specialist next week for further evaluation and treatment.

Comment from: helenhooks1963@yahoo, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I was diagnosed with left renal stenosis and am on a blood pressure medication, Cozaar, (50 mg twice a day). Now I am having severe pain in my left hip. I have pain that starts in my left hip and radiates to my left thigh and calf. I just had a Doppler ultrasound three days ago and have not gotten the results from the doctor. The tech couldn't tell me anything but said she felt sure the doctor would order a CT scan. I already have eight stents: two in my distal aorta and three in each iliac artery. I only have one kidney due to renal cell carcinoma 16 years ago. I am concerned that this pain in my hip is due to decreased blood flow to the hip that is fed by the same artery. I would like another opinion.

Comment from: lucille, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

After having a stroke, I learned to walk again and am doing OK. Why is it every now then there is a tremble and tightness on my left side or chest area? I'm always afraid I am getting ready to have another stroke.

Renal Artery Stenosis - Cause Question: What was the cause of your renal artery stenosis?
Renal Artery Stenosis - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, have you received for renal artery stenosis?
Renal Artery Stenosis - Surgery Question: Have you had surgery for renal artery stenosis? Please describe your experience.