Patient Comments: Renal Artery Stenosis - Cause

Question:What was the cause of your renal artery stenosis?

Comment from: stephie_lady, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 05

The cause of my renal artery stenosis is fibromuscular dysplasia. This is actually the 2nd time in almost exactly 4 years to the day that I have been diagnosed with this. The first time I was pregnant with my first child and they just did the angiogram and angioplasty. This time around they plan to put a stent in so hopefully I won't go through this again :)

Comment from: ericsmom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I am 48 years old and have had high BP for 13 years. I developed preeclampsia when I was pregnant 14 years ago. After my son's birth my pressure was ok for about 1 year then I was put on medications that I took for years. My BP started to get harder to control approx. 1 month ago and my nephrologist ordered a CT angiogram which showed that I have renal artery stenosis. I then had renal vein sampling performed and my next step is to see a vascular surgeon for possible renal artery bypass surgery.

Renal Artery Stenosis - Diagnosis Question: How was your renal artery stenosis diagnosed?
Renal Artery Stenosis - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, have you received for renal artery stenosis?
Renal Artery Stenosis - Surgery Question: Have you had surgery for renal artery stenosis? Please describe your experience.