Patient Comments: Reflux Laryngitis - Symptoms

What are your symptoms associated with reflux laryngitis?

Comment from: bk, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I am suffering from hoarseness of voice since last two months. I have consulted 4 ENTs in this period and all are of the opinion that it is reflux laryngitis and the only remedy is proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) with motility agents and voice rest. Still my voice is not clear and I have a pain in the throat. All sorts of tests have been done to rule out the possibilities of cancer, neurological or any other possible problem.

Comment from: annie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I have acid reflux with cough and sore throat, reflux is bad at night. I had taken esomeprazole (Nexium) 20 gm once per day for 2 weeks but was feeling exhausted and unsteady and disoriented to the point where I could not enjoy much. I am also taking Gaviscon advance after meals and at bedtime. So I stopped for 2 days on advice of the gastroenterologist and then started taking omeprazole 20 mg per day and 75 mg of ranitidine. However I immediately got the same feelings of exhaustion and some dizziness. So cut back to 10 mg omeprazole. I do eat small meals, try not to eat for at least 2 hours before bed and have raised the head of my bed and have extra pillows. The cough and sore throat which did diminish with the esomeprazole are back. I'm feeling rather poorly.

Comment from: Renu, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I have taken Sompraz 20 with domperidone 10 mg, for GERD since 2 days. I am still getting symptoms of throat constriction and severe dryness of throat and mouth. I am also on medication for prevention of cardiac ischemia, diuretics, statins and Plavix.

Reflux Laryngitis - Treatment Medications Question: What medications have been effective in treating your reflux laryngitis?
Reflux Laryngitis - Home Remedies, Diet Question: What home remedies such as OTC drugs, home remedies, and lifestyle (diet, exercise) changes have helped your reflux laryngitis?
Reflux Laryngitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with reflux laryngitis.