Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments

What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?

Comment from: (Patient) Published: March 15

I have Raynaud's and have not found any relief except the obvious: move alot. Don't have a sedentary lifestyle --- it aggravates the condition. I take the dog for a walk/run when I need to get the blood moving. My condition worsens if I sit behind a desk and then sit in the car. We aren't meant to sit all day (at least I am not). I move whenever able and this lessens the symptoms considerably.

Comment from: Freezing tootsies, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

I was diagnosed w/ Raynaud's phenomenon in my feet 2 years ago, but I think I have had it since I was a little girl. I am a volunteer fire-fighter/EMT, but my PCP pulled me off all outside activities/rescues for the winter. I have tried the warming socks don't help. He tried me on Nifedipine and that gave me a horrible headache. I'm now wearing 2 pair of socks to bed at night with an electric mattress cover for warmth. I take Tylenol 3 for pain.

Comment from: Sosi, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I find topical steroids help the swelling and pain from Raynaud's.

Comment from: Marilyn, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I'm from Puerto Rico. I was diagnosed with Raynaud's phenomenon because of a post traumatic event! Eight months ago I had this trauma event, caused by a negligent nurse in a lab, who took my blood sample from my left arm causing my arm from this traumatic event to limit the arm to extend in a vertical position causing immediate hand swelling changing to red, dark blue, and cold temperature in hands and fingers. My Dr. discovered she damaged my middle nerve causing this condition so I'm still under treatment.

Comment from: wayne e, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 22

I am 62 and live in Colorado. I first discovered I had Raynaud's while roofing. I could not stand being outside and even the truck heater didn't stop my shivering. That was over 30 years ago and it's a most miserable disease that no one understands. The suffering is unbelievable. Recently I was watching my sister's house. I could not get her heat over 61 degrees. Froze for three days and then came home and spent two days in bed shivering. Not eating or drinking. The moisture in the air seems to be a trigger. Coats and gloves don't help much as it is internal and that doesn't help when no heat gets to me. It is a huge part of my depression. I don't care why you ache, it's bound to depress you.

Comment from: L. B., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I have Reynaud's disease and have had it for over 20 years. These past 3 years or so, my ears have started to be really sensitive to cool or cold temperatures. I must carry ear muffs with me all the time to keep them from hurting.

Comment from: stephanie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I was fighting with this disease for a few years now and found an amazing cure for me. Melaleuca Vitamins /vitality 4 and a supplement called provex. I have had been symptom free for over 10 months!

Comment from: giglia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

You need to try CAYENNE PEPPER capsules. They are natural and have not known bad side effects. I have been drinking them for 4 days now; there is snow outside so you can imagine is very cold! And I have been normal, my hands are warm, their color is nice and pink! Absolutely amazing, I can't believe it. GET THE WORD AROUND.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.
Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?