Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments

What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?

Comment from: suds suzie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

I found out what was happening to my fingers and nose was called Raynaud's disease. So I started taking my Synthroid, and voila! I was symptom free in three days.

Comment from: dalmay, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

I was diagnosed just last year, but have experienced the symptoms since 2008. When I walk my dog during the winter, I microwave a small potato for about 2 minutes. I wrap it in a paper towel and carry it in my jacket pocket. I grasp it while I walk (wearing gloves) and it keeps my hand warm. I alternate hands as needed.

Comment from: shorty2345, Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I am 17 years old I have Raynaud's Syndrome. I have had it for a few years now, but it wasn't till last year that it got to the point of not being able to handle it anymore and asked my mom to take me to the doctors. When I did they told me the first time that I could go on pills my mom didn't want me to. I was 13 when we really found out what it was and it is hard. My dad's side of the family has it and I didn't know this till last year that she also had it.

Comment from: Les1981, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I was diagnosed 7 years ago when I was 23. It's not as bad as it used to be. It seemed to get better after I had kids. The Doctor told me I needed to start exercising more as this phenomenon has a lot to do with circulation. Seems to work.

Comment from: Fortified Brad, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I am 17 years old, had this condition for a while and was only diagnosed a couple of weeks ago. I have yet to receive pills to treat this Reynaud's. I usually put my hands under hot water to rid myself of its symptoms. I usually do it over a sink, but would also be good in a bathtub if you have it in your feet as well.

Comment from: mira, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I'm from the Philippines which are ironically a tropical country, and I suffer from Raynaud's since I was 14. I'm already 20 and it's getting worse. I hate the cold weather especially when it's raining. Early mornings are a pain especially when you get to hold cold water.

Comment from: Tammi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I'm currently being treated with Nitroglycerine Patch 0.4 mg/hr on 12 hours, Plavix 75 mg once a day and Procardia XL 90 mg daily. Nitro patch was just increased to 0.4 mg. Still having frequent attacks. Hands constantly purple. Had this for 11 hours. Diagnosed with CREST syndrome. Raynaud's, I would say, is the biggest nuisance. Everything else pretty minor and stable with medication.

Comment from: Lisbeth, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

Cortisone injections seem to alleviate my Reynaud's syndrome. As I am also suffering from severe rheumatoid arthritis, I was told by the rheumatologist that Reynaud's disease and RA go hand in hand. I wear surgical gloves and household gloves when working in the kitchen, cotton gloves elsewhere in my house, leather gloves when going outside.

Comment from: rabbit, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 25

I'm 39 years old I found out I had Reynaud's phenomenon secondary. I found it out by my hands my fingers and toes were white frozen and swollen and very painful. I didn't know what was going on. I went to the doc and with one look he said u have raynauds. I was so shocked I had never heard of it before, and I have it how crazy. I had to stop my work as a cook as I could no longer deal with the cold and pain, this has made my life a living hell. I can't get up without being that frozen I can't move. I miss out on so many outdoor things I'm so sensitive the air affects me no air conditioner either just forget that. My ears nose eyelids all go cold and hurt too it's so horrible no one seems to understand it or me.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.
Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?