Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments

What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?

Comment from: Fortified Brad, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: December 05

I am 17 years old, had this condition for a while and was only diagnosed a couple of weeks ago. I have yet to receive pills to treat this Reynaud's. I usually put my hands under hot water to rid myself of its symptoms. I usually do it over a sink, but would also be good in a bathtub if you have it in your feet as well.

Comment from: mira, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I'm from the Philippines which are ironically a tropical country, and I suffer from Raynaud's since I was 14. I'm already 20 and it's getting worse. I hate the cold weather especially when it's raining. Early mornings are a pain especially when you get to hold cold water.

Comment from: Tammi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I'm currently being treated with Nitroglycerine Patch 0.4 mg/hr on 12 hours, Plavix 75 mg once a day and Procardia XL 90 mg daily. Nitro patch was just increased to 0.4 mg. Still having frequent attacks. Hands constantly purple. Had this for 11 hours. Diagnosed with CREST syndrome. Raynaud's, I would say, is the biggest nuisance. Everything else pretty minor and stable with medication.

Comment from: Lisbeth, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

Cortisone injections seem to alleviate my Reynaud's syndrome. As I am also suffering from severe rheumatoid arthritis, I was told by the rheumatologist that Reynaud's disease and RA go hand in hand. I wear surgical gloves and household gloves when working in the kitchen, cotton gloves elsewhere in my house, leather gloves when going outside.

Comment from: rabbit, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 25

I'm 39 years old I found out I had Reynaud's phenomenon secondary. I found it out by my hands my fingers and toes were white frozen and swollen and very painful. I didn't know what was going on. I went to the doc and with one look he said u have raynauds. I was so shocked I had never heard of it before, and I have it how crazy. I had to stop my work as a cook as I could no longer deal with the cold and pain, this has made my life a living hell. I can't get up without being that frozen I can't move. I miss out on so many outdoor things I'm so sensitive the air affects me no air conditioner either just forget that. My ears nose eyelids all go cold and hurt too it's so horrible no one seems to understand it or me.

Comment from: froggy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I have Raynaud's phenomenon it's hell for me I was a cook. I no longer can do this, even shopping and cold fridges give me an attack. I use heaps of clothes all day and it's painful when I'm that cold I can't even move, I try to shower and after a min or two I have the pain of myself heating back up. I wish I never had this it affect my life greatly.

Comment from: Helena, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I went to an acupuncturist for treatment and it works superbly; I just go back to him each fall for another treatment to get me through the winter months especially, even though it keeps me free from any symptoms from just walking through the coldness of a grocery store.

Comment from: Sara, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I am 35 and have Raynauld's Phenomenon with Hyperhydrosis. I had it my whole life. When I was 18 I had 2 lumbar sympathectomys for my feet. The surgery was a success and I have had warm feet ever since. I am now going to have the surgery for my hands and am hoping for the same success. To cope with my Reynaud's I have had to move to a warmer climate and take baths after every attack. I use cotton gloves when I go outside. Summer is just as bad as the winter for me.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: March 15

I have Raynaud's and have not found any relief except the obvious: move alot. Don't have a sedentary lifestyle --- it aggravates the condition. I take the dog for a walk/run when I need to get the blood moving. My condition worsens if I sit behind a desk and then sit in the car. We aren't meant to sit all day (at least I am not). I move whenever able and this lessens the symptoms considerably.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.
Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?