Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments

What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I am a 55 year old female with worsening Raynaud's. My toes and feet have had it since I was an adolescent. When I was about 48 my pinky began being involved in the winter. Last year my ring finger became involved. Now that fall has hit, all of my fingers are being affected. Wearing socks and gloves, taking warm showers, staying out of the cold and keeping my fingers dry are the only tips I can share.

Comment from: softball06, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 25

I am 16 years old and I was diagnosed with Raynaud's phenomenon last year. My Doctor said I can't really do anything to help it except stay warm and take my blood pressure pills. Well, nothing is working and I play travel softball all throughout winter, fall, and summer. No one in my family understands how it feels and I don't know what else to do.

Comment from: Rebecca Easton, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I have had Reynaud's syndrome for several years, but it now seems to be worsening (although not as bad as other patients, apparently). I live in a cold climate, but continue to enjoy skiing and other winter sports. I make sure my hands/feet don't get cold by wearing high quality gloves/mittens and also using hand-warmers which are made for skiers. When an attack occurs, I get home as soon as possible and run them under warm water until they return to normal.

Comment from: Sunflower, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I was diagnosed this year in March. I have had lupus since 18 years of age. In September I had a major flare up. I've been out of work for over 4 weeks now. I have an ulcer on my middle left finger that is extremely painful. In fact my entire left hand hurts. Only narcotics help with the pain. I take medications for high blood pressure and a special cream was prepared that is helping a lot with circulation. I also stopped smoking.

Published: April 10

I was finally diagnosed with Raynaud's in my right foot. I had many sessions in a hyperbaric chamber and finally got the Botox shots. They helped a lot. I think I will get them every winter. In my case, insurance did cover most of the cost.

Comment from: will-flo, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

All of my life I've been bothered by this malady. I had a stroke in 2010. Odd as it may seem – I'm healed of it. I have side effects of the stroke on my right side, especially in my arm, hand, foot and leg. I feel better now than I can ever remember. Why wasn't I properly diagnosed? It was not all in my head, as some implied.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I have had Raynauds for 10 yrs but these past 2 yrs. have gotten severe. I also have RA (rheumatoid arthritis)and the pain in my hands is so severe I have gotten a small heater and I stay in the study all day with the heater on. I live in Texas so thank goodness we have mild and short winters. But even exposure to air conditioner in the house or car doesn't matter and instantly the pain sets in. I have yet to find anything that works except staying active and being out in the nice hot 90 degree sunshine. I can't wait for summer.

Comment from: janis, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I have Raynaud's syndrome which is worse in my right hand. I have a sore at the end of my middle finger. I use Nitro BID twice a day, keep it warm, wear a glove and use microwave hot pad around my shoulders which I can contact with my hand/fingers.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.
Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?