Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments

What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?

Published: April 10

I was finally diagnosed with Raynaud's in my right foot. I had many sessions in a hyperbaric chamber and finally got the Botox shots. They helped a lot. I think I will get them every winter. In my case, insurance did cover most of the cost.

Comment from: will-flo, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

All of my life I've been bothered by this malady. I had a stroke in 2010. Odd as it may seem – I'm healed of it. I have side effects of the stroke on my right side, especially in my arm, hand, foot and leg. I feel better now than I can ever remember. Why wasn't I properly diagnosed? It was not all in my head, as some implied.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I have had Raynauds for 10 yrs but these past 2 yrs. have gotten severe. I also have RA (rheumatoid arthritis)and the pain in my hands is so severe I have gotten a small heater and I stay in the study all day with the heater on. I live in Texas so thank goodness we have mild and short winters. But even exposure to air conditioner in the house or car doesn't matter and instantly the pain sets in. I have yet to find anything that works except staying active and being out in the nice hot 90 degree sunshine. I can't wait for summer.

Comment from: janis, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I have Raynaud's syndrome which is worse in my right hand. I have a sore at the end of my middle finger. I use Nitro BID twice a day, keep it warm, wear a glove and use microwave hot pad around my shoulders which I can contact with my hand/fingers.

Comment from: saraempress, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I too have Raynaud's phenomenon but no one in my family as far as I know has this, I am the only one. It really makes me sad. My doctor said it might be caused by my birth control pills. I stopped talking the pills. I have been anemic for years. I think that has something to do with this. I am 39 now, this happened about 3 years ago.

Comment from: Sillyp, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 19

I bought my son infrared socks online and they seem to help.

Comment from: Kelley, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

After several visits to the podiatrist looking for relief from Raynaud's, with suggested treatment of high blood pressure medication, I started looking for another treatment. Heat based muscle rub helped, but true relief came with the use of DMSO (Dimethyl sulfoxide). Just a few days of use lead to relief. It will continue to be my treatment going forward.

Comment from: fran7992, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I've had this for years then someone, several years ago, suggested I take Ginkgo Biloba. So I did and within a few weeks, during a cold winter, I did not have any symptoms. Maybe it acted as a placenta or I "grew" out of it but the coincidence is quite intriguing. Neither have I had chilblains since taking it. Perhaps the medical authorities should look into some herbal medicines to find out what they can do or not. Anyway it worked for me and I'm sticking to it.

Comment from: johnnie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I was just told today why my fingers turn white and hurt so bad when the blood starts flowing back into them. Raynaud's syndrome is what my doctor said with little concern. He told me I was going to have to keep my hands from getting cold by wearing gloves all the time when I go out or go into the freezer. I live in South Carolina, it was 73 degrees 3 days ago and my hands still turned white.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.
Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?