Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?

Comment from: casey, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 26

I have symptoms of Raynaud's phenomenon for several years, more prevalent in left hand than right. I first noticed it on certain blood pressure medication side effects, changed medication and it did help. However I still take a medication that has Raynaud's phenomenon mentioned in side effects. Blanching white to blue still present in cold settings, also left hand finger gives oxygen settings a lower saturation rate but not on right hand.

Comment from: SandyV-M, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

Besides suffering Raynaud's phenomenon in my fingers and toes for several years, just this last winter and when there is a chill wind, my tongue starts to tingle, then it turns very white and seems to swell up. When this happens I am unable to speak as my tongue feels like it's made of lead. It starts to return to normal once I'm out of the cold but as it does, I experience really bad pain rising between my teeth and forehead.

Comment from: kelly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I was originally diagnosed with Raynaud's phenomenon when moving to a different country. As a child I always suffered terribly with chilblains on my feet, but as an adult and with the emigration to a different climate, I now suffer from chilblains on my fingers. I have found over the years that the only way to help the Raynaud's is to keep my fingers at the same temperature whenever I can. I find fingerless gloves work well and I can still use my hands to work but they help keep my hands warm. Also I started to do massage therapy with clients and found that the more I use my hands and keep them active the less pain I feel. I am now 43 years of age and I's starting to feel bone aches in my hands, and stiffness in my fingers.

Comment from: lyngos, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

Because of Raynaud's phenomenon I have chilblain on most of my toes, in summer and winter. My toes and feet are purple, blue. Some toes are swollen and very painful. I also get pain in the balls of my feet and in the base and back of heel. I"ve tried creams and foot protectors. I"ve even begun wearing shoes a size bigger. It eases pain which is constant. I saw a podiatrist last week. She confirmed chilblains but told me she did not know about pain on balls of feet and heels. There is no hard skin. I massage them every morning with Vaseline.

Comment from: D, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have a month old baby that I am breastfeeding with lots of pain in my nipples due to this phenomenon and when I get cold it also hurts really badly. I am now just starting blood pressure medications and I hope that they work quickly.

Comment from: raflore, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I am have Raynaud's for about 17 years and recently started having problems with my tongue.

Comment from: pattistroll, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I have had Raynaud's as long as I can remember. My grandmother, mother and sister also have or had it. My mother had Raynaud's, but, she has taken extra care in keeping them warm. She no longer has Raynaud's. Mine however have gotten worse through the years. My sister's Raynaud's are in her fingers and toes. Hoping to follow my mother and watching what I wear, and keeping them extra warm I will not have this disease, it is very painful.

Comment from: peggy64, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I wonder if anyone has ever had Raynaud"s phenomenon affect their tongue. My whole tongue turns white, tingles and feels weird down into the throat.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.
Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?