Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?

Comment from: lyngos, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

Because of Raynaud's phenomenon I have chilblain on most of my toes, in summer and winter. My toes and feet are purple, blue. Some toes are swollen and very painful. I also get pain in the balls of my feet and in the base and back of heel. I"ve tried creams and foot protectors. I"ve even begun wearing shoes a size bigger. It eases pain which is constant. I saw a podiatrist last week. She confirmed chilblains but told me she did not know about pain on balls of feet and heels. There is no hard skin. I massage them every morning with Vaseline.

Comment from: D, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have a month old baby that I am breastfeeding with lots of pain in my nipples due to this phenomenon and when I get cold it also hurts really badly. I am now just starting blood pressure medications and I hope that they work quickly.

Comment from: pattistroll, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I have had Raynaud's as long as I can remember. My grandmother, mother and sister also have or had it. My mother had Raynaud's, but, she has taken extra care in keeping them warm. She no longer has Raynaud's. Mine however have gotten worse through the years. My sister's Raynaud's are in her fingers and toes. Hoping to follow my mother and watching what I wear, and keeping them extra warm I will not have this disease, it is very painful.

Comment from: peggy64, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I wonder if anyone has ever had Raynaud"s phenomenon affect their tongue. My whole tongue turns white, tingles and feels weird down into the throat.

Comment from: larma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I got amoebias (parasite) in china and have had Raynaud's ever since (26yrs). I get tingling like a mild electric jolt moving down my legs sometimes and have excessive symptoms of what appears to be 'athletes foot' where toes bubble and have black points on the tips then when the swelling goes down the peeling goes on all over my feet! I also have malabsorbency and immune deficiency. It has cut the time I have (and energy) in half. It has changed my lifestyle altogether. I control it with diet very alkaline food and try to avoid stress.

Comment from: Cardio, Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I was just diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, I started out with painful lesions on my fingers and toes. I also have Raynaud's phenomenon. Have your doctor check you for the HLA-b27 gene to confirm the diagnosis. I am on Humira injections now and the sores are gone. It is an autoimmune disease. It might be that you are being treated for symptoms and not the disease that is causing them. Hope this helps!

Comment from: Lyzuthut, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

I was diagnosed with Raynaud's about three months ago. It has been a nightmare. I have blisters on practically every finger and a couple months ago a few became infected. I started with Norvasc 2.5 mg, increased to 5 mg, but experienced side effects. I'm back to 2.5 mg along with several creams from my dermatologist. I can barely touch a thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.
Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?