Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.

Published: July 01

I'm 13, and I have had the condition since I was about 6. It used to happen to only one of my toes. It would turn numb and white. Then a while ago, it started affecting all of my toes and the heels of my feet. The other day I was swimming in pretty cold water and my fingers turned white as well. I have never experienced pain or red and blue coloring, thank goodness. I just have to be careful in the winter and in cold swimming pools.

Published: June 30

My daughter was diagnosed at 4 months of age. The soles of her feet and hands were very dark blue. She is now 5 years old. Some days are hell for her, and she will just sit and cry in pain. She says it feels like pins and needles that never goes away. Winter is worse for her. She drinks green tea and that seems to help. She always wears shoes and at nights she puts her shoes on her bed so her feet don't have to touch the floor. She is coping well, but now we're testing for secondary things that can go hand in hand with her Reynaud's phenomenon.

Published: June 27

Have pinched nerves and nerve root in back with spinal stenosis. Last November both feet became very tender with blister-like sores under toes. Color began changing to purple and red, but I have not noticed the white. Feet, toes and heels very sore and I feel hot even when cold and like standing in a patch of stinging nettles. I am seeing a specialist in July. I would like to know if natural treatment exists.

Published: June 24

I'm a 20 yr old living in Australia, and just recently found out I have Raynaud's disease. It's been happening for 6 years now but only recently saw a doctor about it. I get it in my legs so badly I can't walk or use my legs because there is no blood in them and they go blue. It worsens with cold and tiles and air conditioning. It affects my work because I work in air conditioning running around all day.

Published: June 24

I was diagnosed with Raynaud's Phenomenon when I was about 18 years old(2000). My first attack was only in my hands, which turned such a dark blue that it was almost black. Since that day I've had moderate attacks with cool weather or stressful situations. Unfortunately I've been experiencing much more severe symptoms with my Raynaud's, I'm not sure whether they are related or not. Symptoms during attacks have included: -color change of limbs in cool or hot weather, or under stress -changing pasty white in my face and chest -tingling, cool sensation of lips and digits -warm to burning sensation of ears -distortion to loss of hearing -dizziness (Vertigo) -feeling of sea sickness -cold, very cold

Published: June 20

My lips, nose and most of my face is so cold. I live in Florida, am 51 years old, so it's actually nice when I go outside into 80 degree heat with 80% humidity. The air conditioning makes it worse. Also my hands, sometimes my feet are affected. I am told nothing can be done about this.

Published: June 18

I'm a hairdresser, and the constant vibrating of my hair dryer, causes my wrists to tighten and get a tingling sensation in my fingers. Then I get pain in my thumbs and my hands go white, cold and dead looking. My doctor has told me I have Raynaud's phenomenon. My other symptom is that my bicep goes into a spasm and feels like a cramp.

Published: June 18

I have had Raynaud's for a number of years. Each year my illness gets worse, and I have found it hard to cope. The doctor says it's something that I have to deal with, which is very hard. I get frost bite symptoms, and I can't walk as my bones feel crushed together. There is no help with things like heating costs etc., if you're on a low income. People just don't seem to understand. At times, I am housebound by this, even with a car I am not able to go out when I want.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?
Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?