Patient Comments: Raynaud's Phenomenon - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Raynaud's phenomenon.

Comment from: coldhandswarmheart, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I have had symptoms of Raynaud's phenomenon for many years, as do my father and his siblings. Last year I was found to have a vitamin B-12 deficiency and started having injections. After my first injection the symptoms of Raynaud's decreased dramatically.

Comment from: termag, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My wife has been treated for Raynaud's. Her problems are only on her fingers from mid knuckle to finger tips, which is where she routinely soaks her fingers in finger nail polish remover. I mentioned my concern over her doing this because the stuff is not gentle to the skin. I read the back of the jar of this stuff and it doesn"t seem like a good thing to tender skin.

Comment from: sissy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I am 54 years old. When I was first told I had Raynaud"s phenomenon close to 7 years ago, my hands would lose blood flow only in the winter months. Now it is anytime. Sometimes my hands are numb for hours at a time.

Comment from: peggy64, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have been diagnosed with Raynaud's phenomenon 2 years ago and it affected my fingers and toes but just recently my tongue has turned white and I have tingly numb feeling just like the fingers.

Comment from: petpater, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 27

I have been aware of having Reynaud's since I was fourteen, but did not know what is was until I was much older (I am 68 now) and due to poor life style choices; smoking and drinking, I have PAD (peripheral artery disease) as well as CAD (coronary artery disease). I am fortunate that I haven't lost bits of myself, i.e. toes, and I wear gloves and fleece slippers everywhere. I have experienced very many episodes triggered by emotional distress; prevention is my method of dealing with the problem. I also have interstitial cystitis which may be a related autoimmune issue, though I have seen no confirmation of that.

Published: July 25

I was diagnosed with Secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon three months ago and am still trying all sorts of products to relieve the outbreaks. I have severe outbreaks and can have up to 10 outbreaks a day. Wind, moderate temps, and A/C all contribute to the outbreaks. The greatest relief for me has been a pair of motorcycle gloves I purchased at the BMW motorcycle store. They are about $200 but well worth it. Their meant for motorcycle riders in colder temps. They plug into the car adapter and warm up the hands in about one minute. I haven't found a pair of gloves yet for outside the car, but my car is my office so it's been a tremendous help.

Comment from: Jay, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I"ve been told I have Raynaud's and I relate to everything I read about it, but only one toe is affected every winter.

Comment from: Rena, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

I am 25 and i was diagnose with Raynaud's when I was 23, I've went to countless doctors who had no idea what was going on with me and all thought it was severe allergy, may be because i live in Jamaica.I work in ac everyday and my skin gets swollen and red with patches, fingers and toe are always swollen and I itch all the time, I never go without shoes. Recently my doctor introduced me to Prednisone and Calcort but the side effect is i pack on the weight.

Raynaud's Phenomenon - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for Raynaud's phenomenon?
Raynaud's Phenomenon -Symptoms Question: What symptoms have you experienced with your Raynaud's phenomenon?