Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: Laura, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I woke up with a rash 9 days ago all over my stomach, sides, back, chest, arms and thighs. It is really itchy, it burns and gives me a horrible quick prickling sensation. It is pimply and looks red with blemishes. I have been to the doctors twice and applied lotion that they prescribed me for eczema (I know it is not eczema), calamine lotion, and I have tried antihistamines, none of which have worked and the rash is exactly the same if not worse. I would love to know what it is or how to get rid of it.

Comment from: Me, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I broke my jaw in two places because of a motorcycle accident. Emergency doctor did his best. I ended up wired shut for 7 weeks. I was then referred to a dental surgeon because it was not healing well and I had infection. I had a second surgery (bone graft) and was wired shut for another 4 weeks. I am still waiting to see if it will now heal properly. I still can't feel the bottom of my face because of nerve damage during first surgery. Bonus is best diet ever, I stopped chewing my nails, and am still alive!

Comment from: C Wills, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

It drove me nuts to be up most of the night with this uncontrollable itching with the rash at the top of my arm. I had the same back in the year on my lower arm and no one knew what it was. No creams were any good. Now I know the cause is fungus in the gut caused by antibiotics and yeast in food. It can cause this rash, also stomach acid burning, joints hurting, depression, and lots more. I knew I had this by having the camera put down my throat. They found from the back of my throat through to my gut and stomach I had fungus. My breathing was very bad and the coughing was out of control. The fungus gave me a form of TB. I was in a right state. But going back to the rash, it has started again. No creams will treat it except, Muscle Rub'. It burns when you first put it on, once it settles you can sleep all night. It is brilliant, the only thing that works. The rash is because of fungus, part of the symptoms of fungus in the gut.

Comment from: sssscc, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 27

My EEG results revealed diffuse slowing of the background electrical activity of my brain. I am worried.

Comment from: crazymeac5150, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have had this rash that started on my arms about one month ago and it has spread to my chest and lower abdomen and parts of my legs from my hips to ankles. I also have a red patch rash on each cheek bone, quarter size each side and have swelling on my eyes, arms, and legs. I am very sore and in pain constantly. I itch and tingle on the rash spots and I've tried every over the counter medication possible and seen doctor and dermatologist. I am miserable.

Comment from: b mcgovern, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I have a rash on my stomach and I itch all over.

Comment from: Cdn Ontario senior, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 09

I was prescribed the drug Mavik, which contains ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) as a key ingredient, and took it for almost five months. During that time frame I experienced severe cases of hives for three months that would appear randomly all over my body and last for hours. I also experienced many episodes of severe nose bleeds over six months. All this my hematologist associated with taking Mavik which contains an ACE inhibitor. After stopping Mavik the episodes of hives gradually ended and the nose bleeds ceased within weeks. Strangely, I also lost all the hair on my right arm between the wrist and elbow during the period I was taking Mavik. The hair grew back over the months after stopping this drug.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?