Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: C Wills, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

It drove me nuts to be up most of the night with this uncontrollable itching with the rash at the top of my arm. I had the same back in the year on my lower arm and no one knew what it was. No creams were any good. Now I know the cause is fungus in the gut caused by antibiotics and yeast in food. It can cause this rash, also stomach acid burning, joints hurting, depression, and lots more. I knew I had this by having the camera put down my throat. They found from the back of my throat through to my gut and stomach I had fungus. My breathing was very bad and the coughing was out of control. The fungus gave me a form of TB. I was in a right state. But going back to the rash, it has started again. No creams will treat it except, Muscle Rub'. It burns when you first put it on, once it settles you can sleep all night. It is brilliant, the only thing that works. The rash is because of fungus, part of the symptoms of fungus in the gut.

Comment from: sssscc, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 27

My EEG results revealed diffuse slowing of the background electrical activity of my brain. I am worried.

Comment from: crazymeac5150, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have had this rash that started on my arms about one month ago and it has spread to my chest and lower abdomen and parts of my legs from my hips to ankles. I also have a red patch rash on each cheek bone, quarter size each side and have swelling on my eyes, arms, and legs. I am very sore and in pain constantly. I itch and tingle on the rash spots and I've tried every over the counter medication possible and seen doctor and dermatologist. I am miserable.

Comment from: Lizabit, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

My 90 year old dad has been suffering from a bad rash and itchy skin for over a year now. He has been to allergists and dermatologists over and over again. No one can determine what the cause is. We just had the house tested for mold and found that the house has several areas affected. I wonder if this can be what has been causing his rash and itch.

Comment from: QUADMALE43, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 17

I suddenly got this rash about 3 years ago and have yet to have it identified. There is no pattern to why it isn't too bad at times, to severely red raw and cracking at other times.

Comment from: lacticrat, 65-74 (Caregiver) Published: October 19

The best idea I ever had for dealing with my son's nosebleeds was to invest in a bunch of bright red washcloths. I also found red toilet paper at Wal-Mart! This way, he can't see all the blood on the tissues, and is not nearly as alarmed. He gets nosebleeds often, we live at a high altitude, in a dry climate, but he's old enough now that he just goes and grabs a 'red rag' on his own.

Comment from: donna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I would like to get help for my rash; I have had skin problems for years. I have not found the medications to help me.

Comment from: Needtoknow, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 09

I am male, aged 39. I just developed a few tiny rashes that have white heads,(like very tiny pimples) the rashes are scattered and sparse(mostly like 15-20 at any given time), on my upper chest area and a few on my face, they don't itch and go away after a few days and another one shows up. One or two have been big and mildly painful on the tip of my nose, near my right elbow and one on my back and all goes without any medication.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?