Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: Mcauley, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 11

I had umbilical hernia repair 3 weeks ago. It went well. I had bearable pain for the first 5 days and after that was almost pain free. I took it easy for the first week and then gradually got back to normal. I walked every day and took painkillers for the first few days. I feel so much better now that the hernia has been repaired and would advise anyone with a hernia to have this operation.

Comment from: Tanya, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

Both my children have had this gastrointestinal virus, it's horrible, and it lasts almost 7 days with both. It started with diarrhea, then moved to vomiting and diarrhea both. Both kids had to go to emergency and have Zofran to help with the vomiting and get them to keep something down. I am on day 9 with gastroenteritis in my house, I have been puked on 4 times, I am just hoping I do not get this as I've seen what my kids have gone through. It is the worst virus I have seen in a long time. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The worst part was day 5, they both puked 2 more times. I am hoping they will be on the mend soon! Good luck!

Comment from: karma, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 26

I have an itchy rash, small blister like bubbles. They burst, itch, and cause more. They turn harder, I scratch off scab and it leaves a pit in the skin, on hands, legs, forearms, and feet.

Comment from: Laura, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I woke up with a rash 9 days ago all over my stomach, sides, back, chest, arms and thighs. It is really itchy, it burns and gives me a horrible quick prickling sensation. It is pimply and looks red with blemishes. I have been to the doctors twice and applied lotion that they prescribed me for eczema (I know it is not eczema), calamine lotion, and I have tried antihistamines, none of which have worked and the rash is exactly the same if not worse. I would love to know what it is or how to get rid of it.

Comment from: Me, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I broke my jaw in two places because of a motorcycle accident. Emergency doctor did his best. I ended up wired shut for 7 weeks. I was then referred to a dental surgeon because it was not healing well and I had infection. I had a second surgery (bone graft) and was wired shut for another 4 weeks. I am still waiting to see if it will now heal properly. I still can't feel the bottom of my face because of nerve damage during first surgery. Bonus is best diet ever, I stopped chewing my nails, and am still alive!

Comment from: b mcgovern, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I have a rash on my stomach and I itch all over.

Comment from: C Wills, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

It drove me nuts to be up most of the night with this uncontrollable itching with the rash at the top of my arm. I had the same back in the year on my lower arm and no one knew what it was. No creams were any good. Now I know the cause is fungus in the gut caused by antibiotics and yeast in food. It can cause this rash, also stomach acid burning, joints hurting, depression, and lots more. I knew I had this by having the camera put down my throat. They found from the back of my throat through to my gut and stomach I had fungus. My breathing was very bad and the coughing was out of control. The fungus gave me a form of TB. I was in a right state. But going back to the rash, it has started again. No creams will treat it except, Muscle Rub'. It burns when you first put it on, once it settles you can sleep all night. It is brilliant, the only thing that works. The rash is because of fungus, part of the symptoms of fungus in the gut.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?