Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: mandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I have had swollen feet and ankles for a while now and put it down to my blood pressure medication, recently they had gotten really swollen to the point that I could hardly walk, my doctor gave me some water tablets to take then I developed a bad red rash on my right foot which itched really bad, my doctor gave me some antibiotics, he said it may be an infection, the antibiotics didn't work so he gave me some steroid cream which made the problem worse so I stopped using it, at the moment I still don't know what is causing this and I'm literally climbing the walls due to the itching.

Comment from: michelle, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

Every summer my skin begins itching my especially in my chest area, it usually swells and I develop raised redden circular shape lesion that itch severely, my doctor prescribed hydrocortisone cream which is not effective is there a name for this and if so is there treatment.

Comment from: jugg, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 17

Around my mouth and on my neck I get these rashy patches that have sticky fluid. They itch and burn.

Comment from: susan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have itchy rash patches on my chest, hips, and thighs.

Comment from: Bonbon, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

Severe itching around the top of my legs, elbows, inner chest---my rash is close to my underarms.

Comment from: itchgirl, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 28

I have a rash that is more just below the surface of the shin on my arms only from the shoulders to my hands. The itch is unbearable hydrocortisone only gives temporary relief. No other part of my body does this exist help!

Comment from: Elaine, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

Woke up this morning with a rash head to toe, a little blotchy in areas and slightly tingling feeling on right side of face. I feel as though I need to use the bathroom every 1/2 hour.

Comment from: mahlaste, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I started having a rash in December 2008 after my car accident, then little allergy developed on my back, it was itchy. I took it for granted, then when it is worse I went to see a doctor. Travocort cream to apply on stomach and chest, and Elcon Ointment 0.1 to apply at my back, but it didn't work, instead the allergy got worse, now is even spreading to my hands. I don't know what to use, I am even thinking of going to see a dermatologist.

Comment from: Stardust, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

Last Friday, I came down with a rash on my right shoulder and it spread down my back. The Doctor put me on prednisone, it helped a little but a week later my lower stomach and groin flared up and the only relief is an ice pack or running water over it. I don't sleep because of the itching. Caladryl didn't help all the prednisone did was make me dizzy, flushed face and really tired.

Comment from: Claudy, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 13

My rash appears every day by scratching my skin. I always have to scratch, and when I do, I see red lines. It started last spring when I was working in my garden. I touched a plant with needles, and since then I have that rash.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?