Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: michelle, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

Every summer my skin begins itching my especially in my chest area, it usually swells and I develop raised redden circular shape lesion that itch severely, my doctor prescribed hydrocortisone cream which is not effective is there a name for this and if so is there treatment.

Comment from: jugg, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 17

Around my mouth and on my neck I get these rashy patches that have sticky fluid. They itch and burn.

Comment from: susan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have itchy rash patches on my chest, hips, and thighs.

Comment from: Bonbon, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

Severe itching around the top of my legs, elbows, inner chest---my rash is close to my underarms.

Comment from: itchgirl, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 28

I have a rash that is more just below the surface of the shin on my arms only from the shoulders to my hands. The itch is unbearable hydrocortisone only gives temporary relief. No other part of my body does this exist help!

Comment from: Elaine, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

Woke up this morning with a rash head to toe, a little blotchy in areas and slightly tingling feeling on right side of face. I feel as though I need to use the bathroom every 1/2 hour.

Comment from: mahlaste, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I started having a rash in December 2008 after my car accident, then little allergy developed on my back, it was itchy. I took it for granted, then when it is worse I went to see a doctor. Travocort cream to apply on stomach and chest, and Elcon Ointment 0.1 to apply at my back, but it didn't work, instead the allergy got worse, now is even spreading to my hands. I don't know what to use, I am even thinking of going to see a dermatologist.

Comment from: Stardust, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

Last Friday, I came down with a rash on my right shoulder and it spread down my back. The Doctor put me on prednisone, it helped a little but a week later my lower stomach and groin flared up and the only relief is an ice pack or running water over it. I don't sleep because of the itching. Caladryl didn't help all the prednisone did was make me dizzy, flushed face and really tired.

Comment from: Claudy, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 13

My rash appears every day by scratching my skin. I always have to scratch, and when I do, I see red lines. It started last spring when I was working in my garden. I touched a plant with needles, and since then I have that rash.

Comment from: dewgoddess, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I am 21 years old. Almost three months ago I found this small dry patch on the inside of my right pinky finger. It was a bit itchy sometimes and flaky. About the size of a dime maybe, perhaps a little smaller. I figured it would go away eventually. A week, two weeks later, it was still there. Itchy and annoying. It stopped bothering me for a little while. A week or so later, I noticed it was a bit bigger and was itchy. A few small red bumps around it, spread out. Day after day it seemed to very slowly get bigger. It got more red bumps and was very itchy. Crazy itchy. For a short period of time I made the unthinking mistake of scratching it a lot. But I stopped. My mother had this red fungicidal liquid (actually meant for animals) and it is used on ringworm and such. You put it on often throughout the day. I thought it might've been ringworm since it was in a sort of round shape. I used the liquid for almost two weeks and nothing happened. The rash would suck up all of the liquid and would appear dry. It would feel better afterward. When I would bend my finger it wouldn't stiffen or crack or hurt (like it did for a while) after the liquid had been put on. But it never made a difference or helped to rid me of the rash. So, I decided to try my dad's prescribed fungicidal cream he gets for athlete's foot. For about almost two weeks it would be put on often and I noticed it seemed to be slowly getting better. I was running out of cream and the rash was doing better, so I started only putting it on once a day most days. That was a few days to a week ago, somewhere around there. Now, since yesterday, it started up itching again. The red bumps are back and it seems almost back to the way it was. Instead of a small little area like before, now it is much bigger. It goes from almost the middle of the top of my pinky to the middle of the bottom of my pinky. And it is as long as a bit past the knuckle.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?