Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: TG, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I get a rash on the trunk of my body every time I am recovering from a sickness like the flu. The worse I feet with the flu or fever the redder and more widespread the rash is. It usually goes away in a day or two. This last time my illness only lasted 24 hrs but was the worst ever. Now this rash is really itchy and redder and has spread to my neck, upper arms, elbows, thighs and from my entire backside to my tailbone and all down my chest and abdomen. Otherwise I am feeling fine.

Comment from: Danny, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have a rash that I have been suffering from for several years. I'm 24 years old and it looks like I have diaper rash all over my face. I also have spot all over my legs and part of my arm. It is dry and itchy. I use special soap just in case that is the problem. I moisturize my face daily but it is not getting any better. I have gone to the doctor and they keep subscribing medications that are just not working.

Comment from: quickkick, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 20

After several days of fighting a rash with Benadryl and calamine lotion, I went to see my doctor. He prescribed Prednisone, a steroid that makes me feel really strange, but is effective in getting rid of the rash. Also, scrub the area with Selsun Blue while showering.

Comment from: Netty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 14

I have a rash that starts on one side of my nose and travels down the side of my mouth and worsens on my chin. At first it appeared as if I might be getting acne however they never develop into pimples. They do ooze and get scabs on the top of them especially after oozing. If one gets bumped or barley nicked, they bleed very easily.

Comment from: AMC, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 13

I had no other symptoms in addition to my rash besides patches of slightly raised, lighter-colored skin mostly on the neck.

Comment from: aneed2kno, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

This rash has been with me for about seven weeks, and it is across my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, on the high area of my check bone, and just below my eyes. At times, it itches, seeps, and forms crusty build-up. I have been to the doctor who prescribed over-the-counter lotions and ointments. I have had the seven-day steroid treatment and topical cream for the last three weeks, and it is not working.

Comment from: Lizzy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I have a rash on my hands and feet and my joints hurt and this rash is very itchy.

Comment from: Sandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

With my rashes I experience redness, swelling, pain and itching. Seems to occur from stress on different parts of the body. Will usually disappear within 24 hrs.

Comment from: tgray1grandma, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 21

My husband was treated for pityriasis rosea three years ago. Since that time, he has never been totally free of the rash. He has had some periods of clearing, but it always returns. Now he is experiencing a major outbreak of rash -- some of it typical of the rosea but with extensive involvement of extremities, which he has never had before.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?