Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: Lizzy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I have a rash on my hands and feet and my joints hurt and this rash is very itchy.

Comment from: Sandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

With my rashes I experience redness, swelling, pain and itching. Seems to occur from stress on different parts of the body. Will usually disappear within 24 hrs.

Comment from: tgray1grandma, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 21

My husband was treated for pityriasis rosea three years ago. Since that time, he has never been totally free of the rash. He has had some periods of clearing, but it always returns. Now he is experiencing a major outbreak of rash -- some of it typical of the rosea but with extensive involvement of extremities, which he has never had before.

Comment from: somar1120, 45-54 Female Published: April 23

Every summer (since the age 12 or 13) I get these tiny itchy water blisters on my hands and feet. After they dry up they start pealing and the pealing skin is very dry and rough and that of course itches too. If I put too much lotion on my hands and feet perspire and I get more of the itchy water blisters. In the winter months my hands clear up but if I wear too much close shoes and socks (worse with nylons) my feet will still get them but not as much as the summer months.

Comment from: sherry, 55-64 Female Published: November 01

Every time I shave under my arms I break out in a horrible Itchy rash. I have tried using shaving cream for sensitive skin and I use only fragrance free deodorant. Please help me. Cortisone cream and no shaving is the only thing that calms it down.

Comment from: Iblindalu, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

Each year over the past 4 years, at the beginning of summer, I get a rash on the shin of both legs. It itches like crazy and last through the summer. The rashes go away right around October and I don't see them again until right around the end of May. My doctor keeps giving me cream to try and stop the itch but the cream isn't working.

Comment from: sushi53, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I have always had a large stomach that hangs...however I have had bariatric surgery and the stomach hangs even more. I have noticed for the 1st time ever to have this persistant "heat" rash I think all under the edge of my stomach and at the fold of skin under my arms extending from my breast. I went to my dermatologist and she said yeast infection and gave me cream. This only helped for a while. She then called in the 2 pills of difulcan. I took those and it seemed to help but as we speak I have been itching all day. There is not a day that I do not get out of the shower and put on Gold Bond Medicated powder.

Comment from: 65-74 (Caregiver) Published: June 21

Every time my husband has an injection of anaesthetics he gets a very itchy rash throughout his body, doctors have not been able to work out why.

Comment from: mandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I have had swollen feet and ankles for a while now and put it down to my blood pressure medication, recently they had gotten really swollen to the point that I could hardly walk, my doctor gave me some water tablets to take then I developed a bad red rash on my right foot which itched really bad, my doctor gave me some antibiotics, he said it may be an infection, the antibiotics didn't work so he gave me some steroid cream which made the problem worse so I stopped using it, at the moment I still don't know what is causing this and I'm literally climbing the walls due to the itching.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?