Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: quickkick, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 20

After several days of fighting a rash with Benadryl and calamine lotion, I went to see my doctor. He prescribed Prednisone, a steroid that makes me feel really strange, but is effective in getting rid of the rash. Also, scrub the area with Selsun Blue while showering.

Comment from: Netty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 14

I have a rash that starts on one side of my nose and travels down the side of my mouth and worsens on my chin. At first it appeared as if I might be getting acne however they never develop into pimples. They do ooze and get scabs on the top of them especially after oozing. If one gets bumped or barley nicked, they bleed very easily.

Comment from: AMC, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 13

I had no other symptoms in addition to my rash besides patches of slightly raised, lighter-colored skin mostly on the neck.

Comment from: aneed2kno, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

This rash has been with me for about seven weeks, and it is across my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, on the high area of my check bone, and just below my eyes. At times, it itches, seeps, and forms crusty build-up. I have been to the doctor who prescribed over-the-counter lotions and ointments. I have had the seven-day steroid treatment and topical cream for the last three weeks, and it is not working.

Comment from: Lizzy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I have a rash on my hands and feet and my joints hurt and this rash is very itchy.

Comment from: Sandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

With my rashes I experience redness, swelling, pain and itching. Seems to occur from stress on different parts of the body. Will usually disappear within 24 hrs.

Comment from: tgray1grandma, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 21

My husband was treated for pityriasis rosea three years ago. Since that time, he has never been totally free of the rash. He has had some periods of clearing, but it always returns. Now he is experiencing a major outbreak of rash -- some of it typical of the rosea but with extensive involvement of extremities, which he has never had before.

Comment from: somar1120, 45-54 Female Published: April 23

Every summer (since the age 12 or 13) I get these tiny itchy water blisters on my hands and feet. After they dry up they start pealing and the pealing skin is very dry and rough and that of course itches too. If I put too much lotion on my hands and feet perspire and I get more of the itchy water blisters. In the winter months my hands clear up but if I wear too much close shoes and socks (worse with nylons) my feet will still get them but not as much as the summer months.

Comment from: sherry, 55-64 Female Published: November 01

Every time I shave under my arms I break out in a horrible Itchy rash. I have tried using shaving cream for sensitive skin and I use only fragrance free deodorant. Please help me. Cortisone cream and no shaving is the only thing that calms it down.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?