Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: Lizabit, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

My 90 year old dad has been suffering from a bad rash and itchy skin for over a year now. He has been to allergists and dermatologists over and over again. No one can determine what the cause is. We just had the house tested for mold and found that the house has several areas affected. I wonder if this can be what has been causing his rash and itch.

Comment from: QUADMALE43, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 17

I suddenly got this rash about 3 years ago and have yet to have it identified. There is no pattern to why it isn't too bad at times, to severely red raw and cracking at other times.

Comment from: Needtoknow, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 09

I am male, aged 39. I just developed a few tiny rashes that have white heads,(like very tiny pimples) the rashes are scattered and sparse(mostly like 15-20 at any given time), on my upper chest area and a few on my face, they don't itch and go away after a few days and another one shows up. One or two have been big and mildly painful on the tip of my nose, near my right elbow and one on my back and all goes without any medication.

Comment from: MissHeather, 19-24 Female Published: December 27

Within the past 4 or 5 months I have started noticing more and more an annoying itchiness over a lot of my body. I don't remember ever having this problem before. I'm not for sure if I have developed a food "allergy" or if there is another cause. It seems to be worse when I eat, I'm guessing, tomatoes. It could possibly be onion or garlic too. I eat a lot of Italian and Mexican foods and cook a lot with tomatoes, onions, and especially garlic. I can't stand to eat raw tomatoes or onions, but am fine with cooked. I have noticed the problem after eating foods with red pasta sauces or salsas. Usually the itching starts a couple hours (give or take) after eating or when I start relaxing. Little itchy bumps start showing up on the inside of my forearms and the itching quickly spreads. It's usually from the wrists up to my elbows on both sides, jaw/chin, chest, and sometimes neck, upper arms, back, hands, and legs. Also I'm not sure if it is my deodorant or related to the same problem, but every once in a while I'll develop itching and redness on my underarms. This tends to last longer than the other stuff though.

Comment from: lacticrat, 65-74 (Caregiver) Published: October 19

The best idea I ever had for dealing with my son's nosebleeds was to invest in a bunch of bright red washcloths. I also found red toilet paper at Wal-Mart! This way, he can't see all the blood on the tissues, and is not nearly as alarmed. He gets nosebleeds often, we live at a high altitude, in a dry climate, but he's old enough now that he just goes and grabs a 'red rag' on his own.

Comment from: donna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I would like to get help for my rash; I have had skin problems for years. I have not found the medications to help me.

Comment from: darren1, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 30

I have a red itchy rash that's just developed like a scab over it and right beside that scab there is another clear bubble like a blister on top of the rash.

Comment from: Arthur, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I have very itchy red rash on my back and front arms, and upper legs.

Comment from: Nancy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I am female, 53 years old. I have a deep dark rash on each inner thigh - where they don't touch. It seems to get worse as the day goes on, and as I increase exercise. It has been here for a month and does not change. It does not itch or hurt.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?