Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 04

I developed a rash about two months ago I have chills and they move over my body. I cannot sleep at night because of the pain from the nerve endings. It started at my right lower shoulder and have spread all over. It moves around at the painful areas and always itches.

Comment from: GoodIntentions, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 11

Hello, I am 23 and have had lupus since I was 11 years old, but recently I've been getting a rough scaly textured skin around my chin, jaw bone and around my neck to my right side. No discoloration, just a strange 'reptile' like texture which won't go away. Could this be related to lupus or is there a possibility it could be something else? My next doctor appointment isn't for the next month and I'm not certain if I could be more concerned or not about this new rash.

Comment from: TG, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I get a rash on the trunk of my body every time I am recovering from a sickness like the flu. The worse I feet with the flu or fever the redder and more widespread the rash is. It usually goes away in a day or two. This last time my illness only lasted 24 hrs but was the worst ever. Now this rash is really itchy and redder and has spread to my neck, upper arms, elbows, thighs and from my entire backside to my tailbone and all down my chest and abdomen. Otherwise I am feeling fine.

Comment from: Danny, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have a rash that I have been suffering from for several years. I'm 24 years old and it looks like I have diaper rash all over my face. I also have spot all over my legs and part of my arm. It is dry and itchy. I use special soap just in case that is the problem. I moisturize my face daily but it is not getting any better. I have gone to the doctor and they keep subscribing medications that are just not working.

Comment from: quickkick, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 20

After several days of fighting a rash with Benadryl and calamine lotion, I went to see my doctor. He prescribed Prednisone, a steroid that makes me feel really strange, but is effective in getting rid of the rash. Also, scrub the area with Selsun Blue while showering.

Comment from: Netty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 14

I have a rash that starts on one side of my nose and travels down the side of my mouth and worsens on my chin. At first it appeared as if I might be getting acne however they never develop into pimples. They do ooze and get scabs on the top of them especially after oozing. If one gets bumped or barley nicked, they bleed very easily.

Comment from: AMC, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 13

I had no other symptoms in addition to my rash besides patches of slightly raised, lighter-colored skin mostly on the neck.

Comment from: aneed2kno, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

This rash has been with me for about seven weeks, and it is across my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, on the high area of my check bone, and just below my eyes. At times, it itches, seeps, and forms crusty build-up. I have been to the doctor who prescribed over-the-counter lotions and ointments. I have had the seven-day steroid treatment and topical cream for the last three weeks, and it is not working.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?