Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: gerry d, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I am a male, 42 years old, I have recently (over the last two months) developed rashes on my shoulders, upper and lower back and most recently my legs. It started on my shoulders but has quickly spread. Generally it started like a spot or bite and once scratched developed into a rash. There does not seem to be any order to how and when the rashes appear. When I shower (especially in very hot water) the affected areas seem to react in a hair raising manner. Cooling of the affected area gives a lot of relief. These rashes have occurred without any changes in diet, environment or sexual partner. I have not yet had a chance to visit a general physician as I am working abroad but will do very soon.

Comment from: bhagya, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have a skin rash. I showed the doctor and he gave me Alerid and Terbiforce Plus for five days. The rash went but I then had it in a different place. The doctor prescribed the same medicines for 5 more days. Again the old rash was clear but new ones came. I took a blood test and sedimentation rate (ESR) was 48, which was high. Now doctor has prescribed Raricap and Folvite Tablets. I still get rash but it itches this time and is red in color.

Comment from: TNLady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I took clindamycin 300mg for an infection from a dog bite. On the seventh day a red raised rash appeared on my wrist and by the end of the day it had spread over both the arms, legs and lower back. Sometimes it seems the rash is leaving but then it flares up and an uncontrollable clawing gives in to the itching.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 04

I developed a rash about two months ago I have chills and they move over my body. I cannot sleep at night because of the pain from the nerve endings. It started at my right lower shoulder and have spread all over. It moves around at the painful areas and always itches.

Comment from: GoodIntentions, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 11

Hello, I am 23 and have had lupus since I was 11 years old, but recently I've been getting a rough scaly textured skin around my chin, jaw bone and around my neck to my right side. No discoloration, just a strange 'reptile' like texture which won't go away. Could this be related to lupus or is there a possibility it could be something else? My next doctor appointment isn't for the next month and I'm not certain if I could be more concerned or not about this new rash.

Comment from: TG, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I get a rash on the trunk of my body every time I am recovering from a sickness like the flu. The worse I feet with the flu or fever the redder and more widespread the rash is. It usually goes away in a day or two. This last time my illness only lasted 24 hrs but was the worst ever. Now this rash is really itchy and redder and has spread to my neck, upper arms, elbows, thighs and from my entire backside to my tailbone and all down my chest and abdomen. Otherwise I am feeling fine.

Comment from: Danny, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have a rash that I have been suffering from for several years. I'm 24 years old and it looks like I have diaper rash all over my face. I also have spot all over my legs and part of my arm. It is dry and itchy. I use special soap just in case that is the problem. I moisturize my face daily but it is not getting any better. I have gone to the doctor and they keep subscribing medications that are just not working.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?