Patient Comments: Rash - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?

Comment from: wendy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I periodically get these itchy areas that start out as one red bump that resembles a bug bite. I unconsciously scratch it and then it will spread, currently it covers an area behind my ear and runs down the hairline onto the neck and another area covering most of my back. If I scratch one area it feels as if the itchy sensation is all connected under the skin like tentacles. I found if I rub down the itchy areas with a baby wipe about every hour it cools the area and it feels so much better. Once the area is dry I apply a hydrocortisone cream like Cortizone with moisturizer. After a day or so of doing this and refraining from scratching the inflammation goes down and the rash dries up. Then I continue the hydrocortisone cream with moisturizer until the skin peels and heals.

Comment from: Don, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I woke up with an itchy rash that came and went throughout the day and moved to different areas of my body. I found relief from the itching by rubbing tea tree soothing gel on the effected areas. It contains tea tree oil, aloe vera, witch hazel and other herbal extracts. It reduced the redness of the rash as well. It may not be a cure, but it did reduce the symptoms about 10 minutes later.

Comment from: marvilj, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: March 26

I have had red burning rash since 1991. I discovered it was from sweets, and the liver dumping toxins into my system. If I stay away from all products using sugar, including artificial, the rash goes away. Foods that tax the liver will also produce the rash. Candida yeast infections will cause itchy, burning skin rash also. Everyone needs to watch carefully what they put in their body.

Comment from: sunny, 35-44 Female Published: April 23

In my early 30s I started to experience intense itch on my scalp especially when stressed. In my late 30s I started getting these itchy bumps and dry patches on my scalp. The bumps hurt when scratched. I also noticed thick dry skin on my elbows and a reddish bumpy rash on my upper arms. Using Cortizone 10 has relieved the dry skin. I have also started using head and shoulders and have been taking Omega 3, 6, and 9. My scalp itches way less after 2 or 3 times of using this shampoo and a week of Omega.

Comment from: claricejg, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I have suffered with various types of rashes for as long as I can remember. Over time, I've come to realize that not all rashes are purely outward and just on the skin. If nothing else works try a body cleanse. This has worked for me.

Comment from: Skye, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I've had a rash all over my arms and legs for almost 3 years and NOTHING will help at all. At first my doctor thought it was a nickel allergy but after not going near nickel for a good month and a half the rash would still not go away. I got strong creams and other types of medications but nothing worked. When I was younger I was told by my doctor that I had MRSA, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the rash. It recently spread to my right breast. Also, I had gotten into a pool the other day for a good 4-5 hours and when I got out the rash looked almost gone. I don't know if it was the chlorine or what, but it didn't help for long and I STILL dont know what it is.

Comment from: six-killa, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I recently started working out to lower my blood pressure. I get rashes all over my body. I don't sweat very much in my workouts. I wonder if that's a problem. I brisk walk, jog, push-ups 6 days a week. I changed my diet to include lots of fish, veggies, fruit and whole wheat pastas and bread.

Rash - Symptoms Question: What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?