Patient Comments: Rash - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?

Comment from: james , 35-44 (Patient) Published: October 15

Recently, I've just started having this terrible itching all over. It starts with my legs and then to my lower back up to my shoulders and arms and to the back of my neck. The areas itch at separate time and it seems to move through my body. I have never had this happen before. I'm not sure if I'm developing eczema or what is going on. The itching starts for a while and then just stops. I can't figure out the cause of a flare up and it happens once or twice a day. My wife and I have tried to go through food, detergent, etc, and there are no inconsistencies that we can tell. I know it sounds crazy but I've never had this problem before. I've also tried soaking in a bath tub of epsom salt and alcohol. No relief. Any suggestions?

Comment from: jr, Published: October 06

Have been diagnosed with contact dermatitis, with treatment; then diagnosed with edema with treatment; of the lower legs. Have rash, non-itching; redness and swelling. Symptoms resolve for several days then recur. I have been treated with ointment, antibiotics. All of this in two months time.

Published: July 09

Baking soda in bath water works for me.

Published: July 29

I have had great results with using Shea Butter to treat eczema - as have the women in my family and many of my friends too. It helps soften the scales by moisturizing but apparently whatever the natural component is of shea it helps heal skin problems. I would recommend trying it before you damage your skin further with strong steroids.

Rash - Symptoms Question: What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?