Patient Comments: Rash - Diagnosis

What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 11

I have been attempting to self-diagnose my symptoms of bumpy skin rash mostly on my face, with severe itching and burning. I wasn't sure if it was rosacea, eczema, Demodex, dermatitis, etc. I have also tried multiple home remedies: tree tea oil, coconut oil, castor oil, honey are a few of the examples. One of the other symptoms included cracking skin around my mouth; a health care professional told me to start taking vitamin B supplements. I started to take B 50 twice daily. My cracked skin cleared up by the next day. The other thing I learned was this: I found that hot water from my shower felt real good because it got rid of the itch, but only temporarily. Note, do not do that. I believe that was a major part of my problem. Look it up; water, especially hot water causes dry skin. I immediately stopped taking the hot showers, used over the counter hydrocortisone to get through the burning sensation and I am on my way to recovery!

Comment from: MarJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

Rashes appear on my skin after eating certain baked products or meat. They appear very small and itchy and if left untreated continue to itch and spread. They actually look like ringworm. My doctor actually thought it was ringworm and gave me an antifungal medication which did not help. The only medication that helps is Topisolon which was given to me by a dermatologist.

Comment from: R L MISRI, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 18

I have rashes on skull and one or two on different parts of the body.

Comment from: IVA, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I am HIV positive and I have skin rash that leaves me with dark spots all over my body.

Comment from: Pat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I have linear rash between legs, in the bend of right arm and above the right eye.

Comment from: joelalbert, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I have a bad rash on my back since September and no one can diagnose what it is. I finally got a biopsy today.

Comment from: Skin blotches, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 28

I have dark red blotches all over my body with an itching sensation. The medication I'm currently using is Dexona and Zyrtec. I would like to understand the root cause for such skin problems, along with a cure.

Comment from: caregiver of 23 mo., 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 19

Two weeks after the chicken pox vaccine on my thigh, redness appeared. It looked like a chicken pox � the skin was hard to touch.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Symptoms Question: What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?