The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different skin conditions. The most common of these are scaly patches of skin and red, itchy bumps or patches all over the place.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...learn more »
Scabies are itch mites that burrow under the skin and produce intense itching that's usually worse at night. Symptoms of scabies...learn more »
A skin tag is a small benign growth of skin that projects from the surrounding skin. Skin tags can vary in appearance (smooth,...learn more »
Jock itch is an itchy red rash that appears in the groin area. The rash may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. People...learn more »
In This Article
Jock Itch Article
- Jock itch facts
- What is jock itch? What does jock itch look like?
- What causes jock itch?
- Who gets jock itch?
- What are jock itch symptoms and signs?
- Does jock itch affect the entire body?
- How is jock itch diagnosed?
- Which physicians diagnose and treat jock itch?
- Is jock itch curable? Is jock itch contagious?
- What are possible complications of jock itch?
- What is the treatment for jock itch?
- What home remedy can I use for jock itch?
- What holistic jock itch treatments are available?
- How do I treat fungal jock itch?
- How do I treat bacterial jock itch?
- How is itching from jock itch treated?
- What is the best drug for jock itch?
- Why is my groin still discolored?
- What is the prognosis with jock itch?
- When should someone call a doctor about jock itch?
- Is it possible to prevent jock itch?
Poison ivy, oak, and sumac contain a substance called urushiol, which causes a rash on people who come in contact with them....learn more »
In This Article
Poison Ivy Article
- Poison ivy, oak, and sumac facts
- What are poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac?
- What causes a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What are risk factors for poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What are symptoms and signs of a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- How do physicians diagnose poison ivy, oak, and sumac rashes?
- What is the treatment for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- Are there any home remedies for a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- What is the prognosis of a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?
- Is it possible to prevent a poison ivy, oak, or sumac rash?