The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different skin conditions. The most common of these are scaly patches of skin and red, itchy bumps or patches all over the place.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Scabies are itch mites that burrow under the skin and produce intense itching that's usually worse at night. Symptoms of scabies...learn more »
In This Article
Ebola (Ebola Virus Disease or Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever) Article
- Ebola hemorrhagic fever (Ebola virus disease) facts
- What is Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What is the history of Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What causes Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What are risk factors for Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What are Ebola virus disease symptoms and signs?
- How do physicians diagnose Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What is the treatment for Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What are complications of Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What is the prognosis of Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- Is it possible to prevent Ebola hemorrhagic fever? Is there a vaccine for Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What is the latest research on Ebola hemorrhagic fever?
- What is the latest news about the Ebola outbreak?
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...learn more »
Bed bugs (from the insect family Cimicidae) are small, reddish-brown tick-like insects that feed by sucking the blood of mammals....learn more »
A skin tag is a small benign growth of skin that projects from the surrounding skin. Skin tags can vary in appearance (smooth,...learn more »
In This Article
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus) Article
- Staph infection facts
- What is Staphylococcus?
- Who is at risk for Staph infections?
- What are the symptoms and signs of a Staph infection?
- What types of diseases are caused by Staph?
- How are Staph infections diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for Staph infections?
- What is antibiotic-resistant Staph aureus?
- What are complications of Staph infections?
- Can Staph infections be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for Staph infections?