The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different skin conditions. The most common of these are scaly patches of skin and red, itchy bumps or patches all over the place.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- mupirocin, mupirocin calcium, Bactroban, Bactroban Nasal, Centany
- prednisone, Deltasone, Liquid Pred
- prednisolone, Pediapred Oral Liquid, Medrol
- betamethasone dipropionate, Diprolene; Diprolene AF; (Diprosone, Alphatrex have been discontinued)
Scabies are itch mites that burrow under the skin and produce intense itching that's usually worse at night. Symptoms of scabies...learn more »
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...learn more »
Bed bugs (from the insect family Cimicidae) are small, reddish-brown tick-like insects that feed by sucking the blood of mammals....learn more »
A skin tag is a small benign growth of skin that projects from the surrounding skin. Skin tags can vary in appearance (smooth,...learn more »
In This Article
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus) Article
- Staph infection facts
- What is Staphylococcus?
- Who is at risk for Staph infections?
- What are the symptoms and signs of a Staph infection?
- What types of diseases are caused by Staph?
- How are Staph infections diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for Staph infections?
- What is antibiotic-resistant Staph aureus?
- What are complications of Staph infections?
- Can Staph infections be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for Staph infections?
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...learn more »
In This Article
Lyme Disease Article
- Lyme disease facts
- What is Lyme disease? What causes Lyme disease?
- What is the history of Lyme disease?
- What are risk factors for developing Lyme disease?
- What are symptoms and signs of Lyme disease?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose Lyme disease?
- What is the treatment for Lyme disease, and what is its prognosis?
- Is it possible to prevent Lyme disease? Is there a vaccine?