Patient Comments: Rash - Symptoms

Question:What other symptoms did you experience with your rash?

Comment from: Needtoknow, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 09

I am male, aged 39. I just developed a few tiny rashes that have white heads,(like very tiny pimples) the rashes are scattered and sparse(mostly like 15-20 at any given time), on my upper chest area and a few on my face, they don't itch and go away after a few days and another one shows up. One or two have been big and mildly painful on the tip of my nose, near my right elbow and one on my back and all goes without any medication.

Comment from: MissHeather, 19-24 Female Published: December 27

Within the past 4 or 5 months I have started noticing more and more an annoying itchiness over a lot of my body. I don't remember ever having this problem before. I'm not for sure if I have developed a food "allergy" or if there is another cause. It seems to be worse when I eat, I'm guessing, tomatoes. It could possibly be onion or garlic too. I eat a lot of Italian and Mexican foods and cook a lot with tomatoes, onions, and especially garlic. I can't stand to eat raw tomatoes or onions, but am fine with cooked. I have noticed the problem after eating foods with red pasta sauces or salsas. Usually the itching starts a couple hours (give or take) after eating or when I start relaxing. Little itchy bumps start showing up on the inside of my forearms and the itching quickly spreads. It's usually from the wrists up to my elbows on both sides, jaw/chin, chest, and sometimes neck, upper arms, back, hands, and legs. Also I'm not sure if it is my deodorant or related to the same problem, but every once in a while I'll develop itching and redness on my underarms. This tends to last longer than the other stuff though.

Comment from: Nancy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I am female, 53 years old. I have a deep dark rash on each inner thigh - where they don't touch. It seems to get worse as the day goes on, and as I increase exercise. It has been here for a month and does not change. It does not itch or hurt.

Comment from: gerry d, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I am a male, 42 years old, I have recently (over the last two months) developed rashes on my shoulders, upper and lower back and most recently my legs. It started on my shoulders but has quickly spread. Generally it started like a spot or bite and once scratched developed into a rash. There does not seem to be any order to how and when the rashes appear. When I shower (especially in very hot water) the affected areas seem to react in a hair raising manner. Cooling of the affected area gives a lot of relief. These rashes have occurred without any changes in diet, environment or sexual partner. I have not yet had a chance to visit a general physician as I am working abroad but will do very soon.

Comment from: bhagya, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have a skin rash. I showed the doctor and he gave me Alerid and Terbiforce Plus for five days. The rash went but I then had it in a different place. The doctor prescribed the same medicines for 5 more days. Again the old rash was clear but new ones came. I took a blood test and sedimentation rate (ESR) was 48, which was high. Now doctor has prescribed Raricap and Folvite Tablets. I still get rash but it itches this time and is red in color.

Comment from: TNLady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I took clindamycin 300mg for an infection from a dog bite. On the seventh day a red raised rash appeared on my wrist and by the end of the day it had spread over both the arms, legs and lower back. Sometimes it seems the rash is leaving but then it flares up and an uncontrollable clawing gives in to the itching.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 04

I developed a rash about two months ago I have chills and they move over my body. I cannot sleep at night because of the pain from the nerve endings. It started at my right lower shoulder and have spread all over. It moves around at the painful areas and always itches.

Comment from: GoodIntentions, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 11

Hello, I am 23 and have had lupus since I was 11 years old, but recently I've been getting a rough scaly textured skin around my chin, jaw bone and around my neck to my right side. No discoloration, just a strange 'reptile' like texture which won't go away. Could this be related to lupus or is there a possibility it could be something else? My next doctor appointment isn't for the next month and I'm not certain if I could be more concerned or not about this new rash.

Rash - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?
Rash - Diagnosis Question: What type of rash did you have, and how was it diagnosed?