Rapid Strep Test Index
A rapid strep test is an easy and accurate test performed to diagnose strep bacteria, causing strep throat. A rapid strep test is performed in the health care practitioner's office. A rapid strep test can assist in ruling out other causes of sore throat such as:
Treatment of strep throat
is generally antibiotics.
In This Article
Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) Article
- Enlarged spleen (splenomegaly) facts
- What is the spleen, and what does it do (function)?
- What type of pain, and where is the pain located with an enlarged spleen?
- What are other signs and symptoms of an enlarged spleen?
- Where is the spleen, and what does it look like?
- What are the causes of an enlarged spleen?
- How is the diagnosis of an enlarged spleen made?
- What is the treatment for an enlarged spleen?
- What complications are associated with an enlarged spleen?
- Can an enlarged spleen be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for someone with an enlarged spleen?
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...learn more »
In This Article
- Fever facts
- What is a fever?
- What causes a fever?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a fever?
- How is a fever diagnosed?
- How should someone take a temperature for fever?
- What is the treatment for a fever?
- When should someone seek medical care for a fever?
- What kind of doctors treat a fever?
- What are complications of a fever?
- What is the prognosis for a fever?
- Is it possible to prevent a fever?
- Where can people find more information about fevers?