- Osteoporosis Slideshow Pictures
- Super Foods for Your Bones Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Osteoporosis Quiz
What brand names are available for raloxifene?
Is raloxifene available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Do I need a prescription for raloxifene?
What are the uses for raloxifene?
- Evista is prescribed for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women.
- Supplemental vitamin D should be added to the diet if daily intake is not adequate.
What are the side effects of raloxifene?
The most common side effects of Evista are:
Other side effects include:
Possible serious side effects include:
Evista may increase blood triglyceride levels in some individuals Evista increases the risk of blood clots, including stroke, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lung). The greatest increase in risk occurs during the first 4 months of use. Patients taking Evista should avoid prolonged periods of restricted movement during travel when blood clots are more prone to occur. Patients should move around periodically during long trips.
Quick GuideWhat Is Osteoporosis? Treatment, Symptoms, Medication
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.