Patient Comments: Radiculopathy - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your radiculopathy?

Comment from: drhalister, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

I developed radiculopathy at my c-8, causing soreness in my tricep, the top muscle in my forearm, and tingling in my ring and little fingers. I also had pain in my shoulder that caused some muscle spasms that required massage therapy to resolve. The treatment for my condition was traction (daily for 14 days followed by icing down the area), step-down prescription of Prednisone, and massage. In week two, we began a series of stretching exercises of the shoulders and pectoral muscles. This proceeded for four weeks, at which time I resumed golfing and other activities lightly.

Comment from: chutloon, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I am a disabled veteran with radiculopathy of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar. I tried all the treatments available, from steroid injections, "burning" of the nerves, and all types of physical therapy. The best thing that helped me was acupuncture. After my insurance would not pay for any more acupuncture treatments, their only resolve was to keep me on morphine and lyraquel. I would rather have been able to continue the acupuncture indefinitely since they do not want to operate.

Radiculopathy - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with radiculopathy.
Radiculopathy - Causes Question: What caused your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Diagnosis Question: How was your radiculopathy diagnosed?