Patient Comments: Radiculopathy - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with radiculopathy?

Comment from: kweendeb, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 27

I have numbness, burning, and my fingertips hurt with my radiculopathy. I occasionally have swelling of both hands overnight. The symptoms start with burning fingertips, numbness at tips, and I sometimes get a fluid filled vesicle that itches, weeps a clear liquid, then dries up as peeling skin on fingertips. The numbness is so bad that I can't feel a pulse to count. (I work in a doctor's office, and I am always dropping things because I can't feel what my fingers are holding. It's usually the thumb, first and second fingers on the right hand.) The symptoms are so bad that I can't use my fingers to hook my bra behind my back because I can't feel what I'm doing!

Comment from: Lue Everett, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I have a family history of Neuropathy and found out today that it is Radiculopathy. My symptoms are pain in the left leg and thigh and hip. I have fallen several times and tore the muscle in my left arm and face. I go to step down and have no feeling in the left leg or foot.

Comment from: de3andjr8, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 20

I was taking a typing test to speed up on typing. I done for 2 days and on the 3 day I woke up and could not bend either arm. It scared me to the point I went to the ER and they told me this is what I have, I'm scared I will not be able to do the test to get the job I want and so badly. My family has a history of spine disease and I'm scared that I'm next in line.

Radiculopathy - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with radiculopathy.
Radiculopathy - Causes Question: What caused your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Diagnosis Question: How was your radiculopathy diagnosed?