Patient Comments: Radiculopathy - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with radiculopathy?

Comment from: velma, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I started having burning pain that started in the middle of my back, radiating to my right rib area and then radiating to the abdominal area. I have been treated with Neurontin, but it doesn't seem to help my radiculopathy. I'm thinking of seeing a neurologist or neurosurgeon to see if they can help me. I'm at my wits' end.

Comment from: chaz6115, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

I woke up with neck pain. Within a week pain increased into right shoulder blade. Chiropractic care was temporary. Epidural under x-ray minimized shoulder pain. Three weeks later I have not been able to sleep. The pain because of the radiculopathy is excruciating. Flat x-ray showed cervical anomalies. MRI had to be done sitting as MRI lying down was impossible due to neck pain. It showed degenerative issues at multi levels, arthritis, damaged disks cord impingement and nerve issues. I am scheduled for cervical fusion. I am also scheduled for a cervical injection while waiting for surgery; nerve block. I am trying chiropractic therapy and conservative solutions using cervical traction using DRX9000 and anti-inflammatory medications. Pain medications were increased and pain patch ordered. The hardest part is, anti-inflammatories must be stopped 10 days before neck injection and surgery.

Comment from: mjam, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

Lumbar radiculopathy is very much painful. I haven't been able to walk for 2 months, I am almost bedridden. It hurts a lot especially when I move. I have numbness of both legs associated with radiation.

Comment from: bun, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

Hello, I have symptoms that include numbness, tingling, skin pain, inability to walk at times. I also have had a diagnosis of MS and Fibromyalgia. I often wonder just what the difference really is. Ihave had MRI of spine, neck and also brain. Brain shows demyelization and matter subject to question in MS results. My arms and legs are always weak and often very numb. Exercise has been very difficult and weight bearing impossible. I am 67 and have had symptoms for many years that was diagnosed as fibro. I am interested in Homeopathic, Alternative Medicine, but I do take some meds. Lyrica, and Ultram. I cannot and do not do well in bad weather. I feel lightening before the boom. Exercise will only be done in the pool and I suffer two days later, badly.

Comment from: domestigod, 55-64 Male Published: July 06

From the cervical radiculopathy, I had pain in the shoulder, neck and left arm. There was numbness of the thumb and forefinger. In the beginning, there was severe pain in the bicep area that felt as if a blood pressure cuff with needles was being pumped up around my arm. I experienced, and still do experience, sudden loss of muscle control in my shoulders and both arms; everything will suddenly go limp, and I have no strength in either arm or hand. With the lumbar radiculopathy, there is constant lower back pain that extends down into the left buttock and left leg. I am unable to even stand at the bathroom sink to shave and brush my teeth without the pain flaring up to an intolerable level.

Comment from: John, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

I have radiculopathy in my upper extremity. I wonder if this can be caused by a lower lumbar problem.

Comment from: tina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have been told I have surgical radiculopathy. My right leg spasms all the time and is numb and my foot feels like I'm stepping on a piece of glass. It is driving me crazy! I'm on pain pills that really don't help the pain I feel. The pain is in my lower back shooting down my legs and feet.

Radiculopathy - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with radiculopathy.
Radiculopathy - Causes Question: What caused your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Diagnosis Question: How was your radiculopathy diagnosed?