Patient Comments: Radiculopathy - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with radiculopathy?

Comment from: Rose, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have been struggling with chronic pain on my back, the whole side of my body. My chiropractor said I have scoliosis. He did some adjustment on my body which relieves the pain but it is still a reoccurring pain. Not only do I have the chronic pain, but nowadays I experienced numbness on the left side of my head or the entire left body at night. I suffer from irritating tingling tongue most of the time. There is also a burning sensation in my body. I also had Acid reflux few months ago. Once in a while I felt pain in my left eye. Aside from these symptoms, what scares me is the sudden body weakness and the shortness of breath that I have been experiencing. I went to a heart specialist because of that situation. Had a heart test and brain MRI but the results came out negative. It may be a case of radiculopathy.

Comment from: Tony, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 14

Footdrop. I am unable to lift my right foot. The big toe is most affected causing tripping and under pronation (tilting of foot to outer side). No amount of cortisone shots or physio therapy has helped me. MRI of my right foot, lumbar spine, EMG, X-rays are all normal. Visit to 5 doctors in top class hospitals has not done any good and none are able to cure it. Only thing left is AFO.

Comment from: kweendeb, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 27

I have numbness, burning, and my fingertips hurt with my radiculopathy. I occasionally have swelling of both hands overnight. The symptoms start with burning fingertips, numbness at tips, and I sometimes get a fluid filled vesicle that itches, weeps a clear liquid, then dries up as peeling skin on fingertips. The numbness is so bad that I can't feel a pulse to count. (I work in a doctor's office, and I am always dropping things because I can't feel what my fingers are holding. It's usually the thumb, first and second fingers on the right hand.) The symptoms are so bad that I can't use my fingers to hook my bra behind my back because I can't feel what I'm doing!

Comment from: de3andjr8, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 20

I was taking a typing test to speed up on typing. I done for 2 days and on the 3 day I woke up and could not bend either arm. It scared me to the point I went to the ER and they told me this is what I have, I'm scared I will not be able to do the test to get the job I want and so badly. My family has a history of spine disease and I'm scared that I'm next in line.

Radiculopathy - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with radiculopathy.
Radiculopathy - Causes Question: What caused your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Diagnosis Question: How was your radiculopathy diagnosed?