Patient Comments: Radiculopathy - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with radiculopathy?

Comment from: mjam, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

Lumbar radiculopathy is very much painful. I haven't been able to walk for 2 months, I am almost bedridden. It hurts a lot especially when I move. I have numbness of both legs associated with radiation.

Comment from: bun, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

Hello, I have symptoms that include numbness, tingling, skin pain, inability to walk at times. I also have had a diagnosis of MS and Fibromyalgia. I often wonder just what the difference really is. Ihave had MRI of spine, neck and also brain. Brain shows demyelization and matter subject to question in MS results. My arms and legs are always weak and often very numb. Exercise has been very difficult and weight bearing impossible. I am 67 and have had symptoms for many years that was diagnosed as fibro. I am interested in Homeopathic, Alternative Medicine, but I do take some meds. Lyrica, and Ultram. I cannot and do not do well in bad weather. I feel lightening before the boom. Exercise will only be done in the pool and I suffer two days later, badly.

Comment from: domestigod, 55-64 Male Published: July 06

From the cervical radiculopathy, I had pain in the shoulder, neck and left arm. There was numbness of the thumb and forefinger. In the beginning, there was severe pain in the bicep area that felt as if a blood pressure cuff with needles was being pumped up around my arm. I experienced, and still do experience, sudden loss of muscle control in my shoulders and both arms; everything will suddenly go limp, and I have no strength in either arm or hand. With the lumbar radiculopathy, there is constant lower back pain that extends down into the left buttock and left leg. I am unable to even stand at the bathroom sink to shave and brush my teeth without the pain flaring up to an intolerable level.

Comment from: tina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have been told I have surgical radiculopathy. My right leg spasms all the time and is numb and my foot feels like I'm stepping on a piece of glass. It is driving me crazy! I'm on pain pills that really don't help the pain I feel. The pain is in my lower back shooting down my legs and feet.

Comment from: MIDGE, 75 or over Female Published: June 10

Hi , I have experienced radiculopathy for years now it is more frequent...had a CT in the early 90's and it showed the radiculopathy -this past couple of years it acts up more, I noticed a tingling down the left leg more than the right, even the feet tingle some what no swelling or numbness just the tingling especially at night. I elevate the legs because of knees bug me when I lay them flat in bed. Is there anything I can do to help this? I take Celebrex and also a cream I apply at he end of the spine-it.

Comment from: Rose, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have been struggling with chronic pain on my back, the whole side of my body. My chiropractor said I have scoliosis. He did some adjustment on my body which relieves the pain but it is still a reoccurring pain. Not only do I have the chronic pain, but nowadays I experienced numbness on the left side of my head or the entire left body at night. I suffer from irritating tingling tongue most of the time. There is also a burning sensation in my body. I also had Acid reflux few months ago. Once in a while I felt pain in my left eye. Aside from these symptoms, what scares me is the sudden body weakness and the shortness of breath that I have been experiencing. I went to a heart specialist because of that situation. Had a heart test and brain MRI but the results came out negative. It may be a case of radiculopathy.

Comment from: Tony, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 14

Footdrop. I am unable to lift my right foot. The big toe is most affected causing tripping and under pronation (tilting of foot to outer side). No amount of cortisone shots or physio therapy has helped me. MRI of my right foot, lumbar spine, EMG, X-rays are all normal. Visit to 5 doctors in top class hospitals has not done any good and none are able to cure it. Only thing left is AFO.

Radiculopathy - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with radiculopathy.
Radiculopathy - Causes Question: What caused your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Diagnosis Question: How was your radiculopathy diagnosed?