Patient Comments: Radiculopathy - Experience

Please describe your experience with radiculopathy.

Comment from: Anthony, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

My problems of radiculopathy is muscle spasms in the upper inner thighs that when I sit it feels like I'm sitting on a lump where the prostate is. I also experience pain shooting down my legs, but mostly the inner upper thighs, it's an ongoing muscle spasm from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. It has also affected me emotionally due to not knowing when it will be all over with. It really has consumed my life, that all I focus on is the muscle spasms all the time.

Comment from: Melanie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I"ve been dealing with pain running from my left buttocks down my leg through to my toes. I am now left with the burning, stinging and pains shooting through my toes. They did x-rays, CT scans and 2 different MRIs and nothing showed on any of the tests. One doctor diagnosed me with radiculopathy, one doctor diagnosed me with piriformis syndrome and one doctor diagnosed me with neuropathy. None of the medicines they have given me have worked. It"s now 6 weeks that I"ve been having this problem. They have even done an epidural steroid injection in my spine at L4 and L5. I"m still suffering with the same thing. It seems like no one knows what it is. They just keep prescribing me medications that don"t work and telling me they can"t give me anything else. I can"t walk or stand for long periods of time. I can"t even go grocery shopping. My life is nothing now. I can"t socialize and I can barely work since I constantly have shooting pains through my toes. I guess my life is over at a young age of 50.

Comment from: OHBAH, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

I have already been fused c3-c7 and i have inoperable t5-t10 thoracic disc issues. I had a discogram done which showed my spine surgeon exactly what was going on. I have significant annular tears with significant narrowing that leaves me with chronic pain management.

Comment from: piddler, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 07

Tricia and Babydoll, My husband was told today he has radiculopathy by a Neurologist. He has had all the symptons for some time but it seems he is passed from one dr. to another and I use the term loosly. We have run the gambit. From it's in your head to nothing I see is supporting the kind of pain you are feeling and I can't help you. Dr. Atrac Kay of Brunswick, Ga. IS the light at the end of the tunnel. He gave us the respect we deserve and it doesn't seem like indigent fund and respect go in the same sentence. You won't believe this man. We weren't going in expecting much over nothing. We were blown away by the knowledge that just started spewing out of his mouth. He has set us on a course to win this fight. You need to make an appointment.

Comment from: Tricia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

Several years ago, I hurt my back cleaning. I went through all kinds of horrible tests and got nowhere but taking drugs. Then my legs started getting weak and sometimes I would fall if I got up at night. I kept going to doctor after doctor, with no relief or fix. I had an electromyography (EMG), which shows I have this. It just gets worse. I wake with no feeling, then the tingling starts. The pain feels like I ran a marathon. Soon I won't be able to walk, and the doctors do nothing. I know there has to be one good doctor out there. I live in a big city that's supposed to have some of the best doctors. I'd like to find that one doctor who cares for me enough before I can't walk anymore or die from the pills that barely help the back pain, yet don't touch the legs because there's really no feeling.

Comment from: Original Babydoll, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

Why do I have tingling and no control over function in my saddle area? Also, my right leg spasms make it painful to walk. I'm wondering if these are symptoms of radiculopathy. My doctor says this is what I have.

Radiculopathy - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Causes Question: What caused your radiculopathy?
Radiculopathy - Diagnosis Question: How was your radiculopathy diagnosed?