Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)
What other names is Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) known by?
Adermine Chlorhydrate, Adermine Hydrochloride, B Complex Vitamin, B6, Chlorhydrate de pyridoxine, Complexe de Vitamines B, Phosphate de Pyridoxal, Piridoxina, Pyridoxal, Pyridoxal Phosphate, Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate, Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, Pyridoxamine, Pyridoxine HCl, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine-5-Phosphate, P5P, P-5-P, Vitamin B-6, Vitamina B6, Vitamine B6.
What is Pyridoxine (vitamin B6)?
Pyridoxine is a vitamin. It can be found in certain foods such as cereals, beans, vegetables, liver, meat, and eggs. It can also be made in a laboratory.
- Treatment and prevention of pyridoxine deficiency.
- Treating a type of anemia called sideroblastic anemia.
- Treating some types of seizures in infants.
Likely Effective for...
- Reducing elevated blood levels of homocysteine, a substance thought to be involved in heart disease.
Possibly Effective for...
- Upset stomach and vomiting in pregnancy.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Behavior disorders in children with low levels of a brain chemical called serotonin.
- Kidney stones.
- Movement disorders (tardive dyskinesia) in people taking medicines for mental disorders.
- Reducing lung cancer risk in men who smoke.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Preventing another stroke.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Improving thinking and memory in people aged 65 and older, when used in combination with folic acid and vitamin B12.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Preventing reblockage of blood vessels after angioplasty, boosting the immune system, muscle cramps, eye problems, kidney problems, night leg cramps, arthritis, allergies, asthma, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Lyme disease, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).