pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide - topical, Medi-Lice
GENERIC NAME: PYRETHRINS AND PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE - TOPICAL (pie-RETH-rins/pip-ER-oh-nill)
BRAND NAME(S): Medi-Lice
USES: This medication is used to treat lice, which are tiny insects that can infest and irritate the scalp (head lice), the pubic area (crabs), or the body. This medication works by paralyzing and killing lice.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/16/2014
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions