Patient Comments: Pulmonary Hypertension - Symptoms

Please describe your symptoms of pulmonary hypertension.

Comment from: shauny, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 16

I have been suffering with shortness of breath for a while and it's getting really bad especially when I eat, all I eat is a small meal then I can't breath. I have put on a lot of weight around my lung and chest area. I have been to doctors so many times and they keep saying its anxiety, but I know it's not. I know my body what I'm going through is not anxiety.

Comment from: jules11, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

Very swollen and painful ankles numb and tingling feeling from forearms down and knees down, face and hands swollen (even with furosemide 40 mg bid) shortness of breath upon just a little movement. Feeling of anxiety, headache, tightness of chest, as in a large wrap is around chest and it has been tightened.

Comment from: CaptStu, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 29

I have just started the process of narrowing down my COPD symptoms. It was initially diagnosed by my Internality based on a spirometry test, an overnight Oxygen test and Spiriva and O2 (2ml) were prescribed. Albuterol had been determined to be ineffective in the spirometry test. In a periodic cardio exam the echo cardiogram indicated pressures of 88 in my pulmonary blood vessels. A subsequent right heart catherization measured a pressure of 66; but that is still on the border of serious with 20 to 25 as normal. My pulmonologist has diagnosed pulmonary hypertension - Secondary. I am going through some blood tests, a CAT scan, overnight sleep test and another spirometry (this last to determine if the Spiriva is doing anything worthwhile which I really doubt after 120 days of use). This exercise has been helpful.

Pulmonary Hypertension - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your pulmonary hypertension?
Pulmonary Hypertension - Share Your Experience Question: Were you or a relative diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension? Please share your experience.