Patient Comments: Pulmonary Embolism - Venous Doppler

Did you have a venous doppler study, or ultrasound? Please share your experience.

Comment from: David D, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 29

I had an ultrasound done on both legs, and around the groin area. It's not painful, and very good to have done especially in diagnosing blood clots so they don't travel.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I thought I had an ankle injury from running so ignored the swelling and pain too long. With a venous Doppler study it turned out to be a deep vein thrombosis which turned into a pulmonary embolism (PE). I was going through a divorce at the time and attributed the shortness of breath episodes as panic attacks. I totally didn't get it. I was young and healthy. Turns out I am diagnosed with factor V Leiden so am prone to clots. The fact that I never got one prior or during my pregnancies is a miracle. My PE was severe enough that the doctors have me on thinners for the rest of my life, which is an unsettling feeling. I have leg pain still from damaged veins, but ignore them and go ahead and work out, bike ride, hike, walk, and lift weights. Life is good.

Comment from: saragun, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I had the ultrasound, 2 of them. The first, the technician was worried about teaching somebody and pressed too hard every time she wanted to click on the thing. The other one was quiet and friendly and did not say anything about her findings but the doctor will get them quick. Really nothing to be afraid of.

Pulmonary Embolism (Blood Clot in the Lung) - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams and tests you received that led to a diagnosis of a pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary Embolism - Thrombolytic Therapy Question: Did you or someone you know receive thrombolytic therapy for a pulmonary embolism? Please share your story.
Pulmonary Embolism - Experience Question: Please share your experience with pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary Embolism - Symptoms Question: Please share your experience with symptoms of pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary Embolism - Treatment Question: What treatments did you undergo for pulmonary embolism?
Pulmonary Embolism - Risk Factors Question: Do you have risk factors for pulmonary embolism?