Comment from: dshelton, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I recently had an episode at work walking up the stairs and I was short of breath that evening driving home. I had sharp pain on left side/ shoulder area, I went to the doctor and he sent me to the emergency and diagnosed a blood clot in the left lung. I am on Coumadin and 2 shots per day of Lovenox for 4 days now and had a sharp pain. Just short sharp pains on the left side of my neck, but I am fine now. Probably just a pain, but doc said the blood clot is stabilized and won't break off and even if there are other clots they are stabilized with medication.

Comment from: No name, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

For pulmonary embolism I had Arixtra injections until warfarin became therapeutic.

Comment from: jfs79, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I am 34 year old and workout almost every day including cardio. I had a sharp pain in the left side of chest and thought it was indigestion related. The pain intensified and I noticed I was short of breath and felt like I could not inhale enough oxygen. The pain worsened and went to the emergency room to find out I had multiple PEs (pulmonary embolisms) including a large one in my left lung. I am on warfarin now for 6 months and can breathe again. It takes some time to get used to a new diet, but not too bad. A section of my left lung was damaged and has not healed.

Comment from: Tippy, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 18

My best friend was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism. She is in consist pain. She has clots in her groin and a new one has formed on her lungs, with smaller clots. The clots don't move, and harden up. She was treated with pain meds, but they aren't working any longer and the doctors say there is nothing else left for them to do. She is giving up. She has been like this for two years. The doctors say it's too risky for them to operate.

Comment from: Gus, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 19

I'm 47 years old. Two years ago while working I coughed up blood. I panicked when to the restroom and wiped the blood. A couple of weeks later while helping my brother in law the same thing happened. I got home and it got worse. I could hear a bubbling sound from my lungs and the coughing began followed by blood. I decided to go to the emergency room. When I got there panic took over since I was a carrier of tuberculosis I thought it was that. I was let in right away. I had tests done. I was in the hospital for six days. They told me that I was fine and sent home. The setback was that they began giving me TB medicine.

Comment from: Jmorgan15, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

Hi, I was diagnosed with pulmonary embolisms in both my lungs about a week ago, I am 27 years old and a non-smoker. The only reason they believe caused this could be birth control. I am on lovenox shots and Coumadin until my blood will thin out, it has been over a week and my blood still is not thin enough.

Comment from: Harry, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

Hi, My name is Harry and I am 29 years old. I have been diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism (clot in my left lung). I am on warfarin now (10mg) a day and getting injected in stomach twice a day. The treatment will continue for at-least six months.

Comment from: Robyn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

Oxygen for 8 days, Clexine injections twice daily for 10 days, bed rest for seven days, mild exercise after one week, and Warfarin.

Comment from: barbie doll, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I am a 45 year old female who is very active and usually outside as much as possible, until June 18, 2012. I had step throat and went into the Fastcare for it and when she gave me a nebulizer I developed a severe pain down my left arm and heart. So, they took me into the ER to see what was going on. They took some blood, did a CT scan, X-rays etc. They came in a little while later and told me I had a clot in my left lung, which could be treatable. I was so shocked and scared. They admitted me into the hospital for 3 days and I had to take coumidin and lovelox for a couple of weeks. I still go now every Tuesday to get my blood work done. I might have to be on coumidin for the rest of my life, but it is worth it to be with my family. So if you have shortness of breath, and pain in the left side go right away to the hospital and get it checked out and if they don't do nothing find another doctor.

Pulmonary Embolism (Blood Clot in the Lung) - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams and tests you received that led to a diagnosis of a pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary Embolism - Venous Doppler Question: Did you have a venous doppler study, or ultrasound? Please share your experience.
Pulmonary Embolism - Thrombolytic Therapy Question: Did you or someone you know receive thrombolytic therapy for a pulmonary embolism? Please share your story.
Pulmonary Embolism - Experience Question: Please share your experience with pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary Embolism - Symptoms Question: Please share your experience with symptoms of pulmonary embolism.
Pulmonary Embolism - Treatment Question: What treatments did you undergo for pulmonary embolism?
Pulmonary Embolism - Risk Factors Question: Do you have risk factors for pulmonary embolism?