Patient Comments: Psychotic Disorders - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your psychotic disorder?

Comment from: Miguel, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

Some 20 years ago, I was diagnosed with depression, and no medicines seemed to work, until I found agomelatine (Valdoxan) a couple of years ago. About eight years ago, my psychiatric diagnosed me with paranoia, and I started to be medicated with amisulpride (Socian). My suspicious behavior toward my girlfriend ceased, but I could never cope with thoughts of others gossiping and joking about me. That situation led to my suicide attempt a year ago. Now I have a prescription of quetiapine (200 mg), but even so, there are some events that trigger an episode, leaving me feeling desperate, restless, and sleepless. Those episodes are triggered when I am in a social event, among people who know me.

Psychotic Disorders - Experience Question: What type of psychotic disorder do you have? Describe your experience.
Psychotic Disorders - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your psychotic disorder?