Patient Comments: Psoriatic Arthritis - Symptoms and Signs

What are your psoriatic arthritis symptoms and signs?

Comment from: Naomi, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 03

I have had arthritis and psoriasis for many years; but was not diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis until last year when two toes started swelling up and turning numb. I had a lot of spinal stiffness and pain in my neck and lower back, hands and 1 knee. I have been going to a wonderful chiropractor who has really helped me with the stiff neck and back. I started taking turmeric for inflammation and my test levels have really dropped. I also take tart cherry capsules and it has relieved most of my pain. I can't take any of the biologics because I have had cancer. I am trying to get a prescription for Otezla to slow down the joint damage.

Comment from: Cobbled, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 29

I am 71 years old. Psoriasis started on my knees and elbows about six years ago. It has gradually disappeared. Last month I had to visit emergency in the hospital for pain in my hip. Doctors were unable to diagnose psoriatic arthritis. They thought I had a fall. They did blood tests and found that my white blood cell count was above normal. I also had a temperature. Morphine was injected twice and the pain eventually subsided. My blood is back to normal. X-rays of my hip showed no arthritis. My pelvic bone wasn't examined. That is where the pain is. Concurrently I have had gentle pain in my knee that could be related. Now, a month later, the other hip is seizing up.

Psoriatic Arthritis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriatic Arthritis - Diagnosis Question: How was your psoriatic arthritis diagnosed?
Psoriatic Arthritis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your psoriatic arthritis?
Psoriatic Arthritis - Diet Question: Have particular dietary changes helped your psoriatic arthritis symptoms and signs?