Patient Comments: Psoriatic Arthritis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with psoriatic arthritis.

Comment from: sueanneheim, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 09

I am a nurse case manager. I was on this site getting some information for a report when I saw these comments. I don't know if this will help anyone but I have a patient who is on an injectable called Raptiva. He says it has been of tremendous benefit. Ask your doctor.

Published: July 31

I have learned people have so many different experiences with PsA. The range of symptoms is very wide, as is the severity. While exercise can be helpful, at some point in the disease management, some people experience flares too severe to exercise and need to get some control of pain and inflammation first, before restarting/continuing exercising. It is very important that people acknowledge these differences in personal stories/experiences. I like exercise but, when I am crippled with a severe relapse, I cannot possibly exercise, as I cannot even walk, lift a glass/cup, bathe, dress, etc. The pain is excruciating, even with treatments. I hope medical research continues as we need better (and safer) treatment options than are currently available to us. Blessings to all those suffering with PsA and those supporting their beloved family members, and friends with this extremely painful condition.

Published: July 23

I am a 68 year old male taking methotrexate for psoriatic arthritis in my fingers, and rheumatoid arthritis in my knees and hands. I find that the daily 2 miles speedwalking on my treadmill, although a little painful,is very benificial. Combined with a topical steriod, Taclonex, the severe cuts from the psoriatic arthritis is now at a minimum.

Psoriatic Arthritis - Diagnosis Question: How was your psoriatic arthritis diagnosed?
Psoriatic Arthritis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your psoriatic arthritis?