Patient Comments: Psoriatic Arthritis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your psoriatic arthritis?

Comment from: Gkachef, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

I have had a small patch of psoriasis for about 10 years. Unfortunately the effect was a total fusion of 15 vertebra by calcification. This required spinal surgery and titanium fusion to stabilize my whole back. It has been one year since my surgery. It is better but I still have a long road ahead. I am hoping it does not attack any other areas, i.e. the rest of my non-fused vertebra or my knees, sacrum, etc. It remains to be seen. I am 56 years old and a retired professional chef.

Comment from: GT, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 13

I am a 58 year old male. At age 35 I developed psoriatic arthritis. Initial treatments included indomethacin, naproxen and then methotrexate. I started taking methotrexate orally 10mg per week. Results were poor. I am now on Humira and methotrexage (injected 20mg once per week) and have had good results. The only exception is my right heals where my Achilles tendon attaches, this area is inflamed and painful. My rheumatologist suggested other biological which I am considering.

Comment from: Proracer, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 25

Ten years ago I was told I had Psoriatic Arthritis. My dermatoligist said there was nothing to cure me. My family doctor though suggested I try a drug called Arthrotec 75/ 200 mg. Well, I have been pain free for almost 5 years now, with only occasional flare ups of the pain when I do something to aggravate the arthritis. I started out with two pills a day, morning and night, but after less than one year, I was down to only one pill a day which I take at bed time. Maybe my success will help others. I am not cured, but I have the arthritis under control.

Comment from: vallory2, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

When I was 15 I was told I had arthritis and don't bother trying to have a concert career because my hands won't make it. So I sand and played "Rock & Roll" and Jazz, and I taught. When I was 25 they put me on 3 aspirin, 3Xs per day, followed with a Tblsp of Maalox or Mylanta. I've been used as a lab rat for years; Motrin, Celebrex, etc. Now I use medical marijuana and Percocet and I get along fine, most of the time. My stomach ulcers are healed and my GERD is under control.

Comment from: chameleon, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I'm Female, age 22. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in April 2011. I am currently on Methotrexate 22.5mg weekly, and Sulfasalazine 500mg 4 tabs daily. Along with 6-8 30/500 Co-Codanol, and 3 Diclofenac 50mg a day.

Psoriatic Arthritis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriatic Arthritis - Diagnosis Question: How was your psoriatic arthritis diagnosed?