Patient Comments: Psoriasis - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?

Comment from: Harry, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

Hi I have itchiness in my both elbows and one of the knees and both upper eye lid. I got treatment as fungal infection on my skin. It disappeared for few weeks now I got it back. One of pathology biopsy result say I have psorisis vulgaris.

Comment from: Diane, 55-64 Male Published: March 21

When I married my husband he had a patch of psoriasis in his hair and on both knees. This went on for many years getting no worse, however, he was ashamed to wear shorts and the psoriasis would clear up when we went to the beach. Non the less, he also seemingly had a milk allergy so I started him on the generic lactase enzyme. He took this every morning for several years and one day we noticed he didn't have psoriasis on his knees anymore and even when he quit taking the lactaid the psoriasis has never returned. However, he never skipped taking the lactaid. We have always wondered if there was a connection between the lactic acid and psoriasis.

Published: March 21

I am in constant pain every day. My psoriasis is located on the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands. Some days I can't even hold a pen! It hurts to walk and the cracks in the skin bleed. The doctors are at a loss as to what I should do. I don't think I could live with this for the rest of my life.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

I'm 40 and I've been diagnosed with guttate psoriasis. I've been offered biologic treatment because cream doesn't work much for my condition. Ever since, I decided to crash my immune system by cutting down on eating 1000 cal max par day. I stopped proteins. It worked. Instead of crashing down my immune system artifically with immunosuppressants, I made it all by myself. If you don't eat proteins you immune system will be down. Worth trying it!

Comment from: MGN Deadpool, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 25

Well on my hands I get small red pumps and then they turn into patches after the patches show up then they start to look like ring worm (which it is not). When it appears on my hands within the next couple of days it appears on my arms and legs. I have not been to a doctor yet and was looking on here and to me it seems like psoriasis due to the pictures. After about a couple of weeks it will go away but now it has been a month and well it's still here.

Comment from: jnwelburn, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 12

I have had psoriasis for about one year. I have experienced that hydrocortisone cream works, but I think there might be other things out there that will work better. I just figured I would let you all know. Also try tar shampoo like body wash that helps keep it under control. Psoriasis really sucks mentally and physically. Don't let it get to your head cause that will just add to the stress which makes it worse.

Comment from: Anwar uz Zaman, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 11

Scaly skin on upper side thighs, very itchy when dry (doctors observed it to be very aggressive) and has a black skin ring/ridge which indicates that the psoriasis will increase to the next level to such area. Got biopsy and other tests done and was diagnosed with psoriasis vulgaris. They suggest I do not wait long but get it corrected immediately. The skin gets dark all of a sudden in the size of a dollar coin and starts to get scaly. Gives you more of mental agony then anything else.

Comment from: PrinceRKO, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

My psoriasis started on the scalp. I thought that it was dandruff, but it wouldn't go away no matter how much I washed my scalp. Long story short, the dermatologist said I had psoriasis. And I was 12 back then.

Psoriasis - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?
Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions Question: Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?