Patient Comments: Psoriasis - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?

Comment from: lorilo, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 22

I suddenly woke up feeling queasy and salivating at 4 a.m. on Wednesday, and without warning, leaned over and vomited all over the floor. I ran to the bathroom and just threw up and threw up. I'm still not keeping anything down, as everything I put in my mouth, I vomit right back up again. I tried the BRAT diet today and it came right back up. I get stomach flu once or twice a year and have never had diarrhea, just cramps, chills, fever, extreme nausea, and severe vomiting. On the upside, I lose weight because I throw up whatever I've eaten or drunk. This is weird, because I thought I was getting sick last week when I threw up at work, but I do occasionally have random vomiting. Since Wednesday, I've vomited about every hour. When I try to think about anything my head spins and I'm leaning over the bucket. I vomited a huge amount of tan liquid about a half hour ago. I have an identical twin sister, whose stomach is not as sensitive as mine who left work early today as she had to leave a meeting due to having to vomit twice.

Comment from: miserable and itchy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I was covered with psoriasis from head to toe as a baby my mother said, and was found to be allergic to milk. They replaced the whole milk with goat's milk and my mom said I improved. I only remember when I was 15 or 16 I had psoriasis in my scalp and maybe a small patch or two, I used tar shampoos then which seemed to give some relief, then for years my skin and head were clear. Then when I was about 38 I was drinking raw milk from a neighbor farmer and suddenly had a couple of bad patches on my legs. I stopped the milk and again my skin cleared for a good 10 years. With very little irritants, until now at 56, I had a total knee replacement 12/2013 and about 2 weeks after surgery I noticed patches around the same knee I had surgery on. Then It just went crazy, both legs are 40% covered, my arms, my back, torso, my scalp I feel even my eyes are affected, consistently watering and eye goop collecting on my lashes. My hair has thinned. It's just been a real bad 6 months, I've been to my dermatologist several visits, tried all the creams, steroids available with no relief, and the itch is almost unbearable. I've also used coconut and olive oil whipped which seems to give a little help but overall this has been the very worst in all my 56 years. I'm back to my dermatologist tomorrow for a more aggressive treatment. All through my years I didn't do anything special but stayed away from dairy products, but this time they told me it was a reaction from the surgery. I sure hope this clears soon as I'm to have a 2nd surgery on the same knee. Luck to me and to all you suffers of this dreadful skin disorder.

Comment from: magnumtrk826, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

I have had psoriasis for nearly 4 years now but am treating it myself and it is clearing slowly. My back was covered all the way across and about 6 mm high and very thick white. My hands were so bad on both sides I couldn't remove bills from my wallet to pay for groceries. I have spent many thousands of dollars on trying doctors with no help, just get greasy with that $900 salve. I tried everything and finally found what works! It is killing the psoriasis.

Comment from: kikay, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I"m not sure if its psoriasis but 3 years ago, there were some itchy, scaly, red spot at the back of my neck. It took about 6 months to cure by not scratching it and taking some cream on it then again another same thing on my fingers (scaly, red and itchy) and toes. Sometimes, I can"t help myself but scratch them. But since I have this thing, my blood pressure went high. All my blood tests, cholesterol/SGPT/sugar levels were normal and I do regular exercise (jogging 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes).

Comment from: bogmonster, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

For years I had a tiny spot on my right deltoid and I always thought it was a scar from an injection. I noticed one day that not only was the spot scaly but around the spot on my normal skin was scaly. I went to my primary doctor and he gave me a cream to use for a month but it did nothing. He then referred me to a dermatologist and again the dermatologist prescribed me a cream and it did nothing. After using the cream for two weeks I went to the dermatologist for a follow up and he gave me options, another cream or biopsy. We were shocked when the pathologist said it was psoriasis because it was a tiny spot about the size of the end of a pencil.

Psoriasis - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?
Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions Question: Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?
Psoriasis - Diet Question: Do certain foods positively or negatively impact your psoriasis?