Patient Comments: Psoriasis - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?

Comment from: hawks, Female (Patient) Published: February 23

When I was about 12, I developed plaque psoriasis on my elbows, back of my knees, buttocks, and front ankle. It all went away after I dealt with my emotional issues. Many years later at age 45 it came back, again after a great turmoil. I know in my case it is related to my emotional wellbeing. Some foods do tend to aggravate, coffee, smoking, spicy foods, but I believe if you can take care of your emotional side it will go. It is definitely curable, I am a living proof!

Comment from: trig22, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 17

Both my son and my mother have eczema and a bit of psoriasis (i.e., persistent ongoing problem with dry flaky skin) on their hands. I bought the Lady Soma skin and nail cream for them and it cleared up within a week! Skin is now clear and healthy.

Comment from: foster, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 11

I start drinking coconut water and using coconut oil on my skin, hands, elbows, legs, and buttocks; amazing results in two months, skin started clearing up. I saw a dermatology doctor. I started taking sulfasalazine 500 mg 3 times a day, plus Tiamol emollient for 2 months and the psoriasis got worse again. Now I am off sulfasalazine, still used the Tiamol cream with oral Soriatane 25 mg once a day at supper plus UVB light 3 times a week, let's see if this works.

Comment from: daisym, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 21

My daughter used to have severe psoriasis, and when the outbreaks were really bad, we used the Somaluxe Argan oil directly on the outbreaks, and that made them heal faster for her. After using it for some time, her psoriasis became less. Good luck to you!

Comment from: Jay, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

I use Melaleuca shampoo and cleansers with Melaleuca oil for psoriasis. It stops itching and heals the dry skin and is taking the red out of it. It is on my face.

Comment from: vivi, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

I had psoriasis from a very young age like 3 or 4 and it has been so bad that it had affected my whole body. It had affected my toe and other fingers that it would be hard to walk and it got a lot worse with winter. I have tried all kind of medications but none provided good results. And then finally I turned to Ayurvedic treatment. The treatment took years and believe me, it's never easy to follow Ayurvedic medicines, they are so bitter and also you have to follow a very strict diet. But it really works, even though it took a couple of years it can be totally cured.

Comment from: Marce, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

Folic acid cleared up my psoriasis. I take 800 mcg a day.

Comment from: novelator, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I've had psoriasis all my life, over five decades. I have the pustular form and some other kind that takes off toe and fingernails. My daughter has it. I have generally been in remission for years. After three months of working 12 hour days six days a week, I noticed a couple of pustules forming on the fingers of my left hand. So, I bought some chromium picolinate. I take one a day, along with my mega multivitamin and 1000 mg vitamin C daily. No more pustules formed, the immune system is calming down, and I am going back into remission. Chromium picolinate works wonders. I had one outbreak with pustules so bad that my hands would develop sores and they would weep. No one wanted to touch me or have me touch them. It was only by accident I discovered chromium picolinate. In two weeks, the outbreak mentioned above was gone. I thought this might help someone out there. Psoriasis is something that needs to be managed from the inside out, not the 6 to 9 billion dollar a year topical cream market.

Psoriasis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?
Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions Question: Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?
Psoriasis - Diet Question: Do certain foods positively or negatively impact your psoriasis?