Patient Comments: Psoriasis - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?

Comment from: Lillypad, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I am living with psoriasis for about 10 years now. I use Dovobet ointment, however it never made it go away... at all. Recently I cut out all sugar from my diet. I sometimes eat fruit (low in sugar) and cut out alcohol. I noticed my skin get better within a week. It's almost been two weeks and it is almost gone. I had it all over my lower legs, buttocks and arms. It"s a hard thing to do. But since I am seeing results. I can never go back.

Comment from: KC, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

One year ago, I went to the doctor because I had flakes in my both hands. At first, the doctor told me that it was unspecified dermatitis but after a month it was getting worse. I already had flakes in my elbows. The doctor prescribe me with steroid but it was still the same, the psoriasis was getting worse. I started to research about my case then I saw this Wassen Zinc-ACE. This is not a medicine, this is a supplements which is good for our immune system. I started to take 1 tablet per day as per instruction then after 2 weeks the flakes in both my elbows and hands are gone. Now I am not ashamed anymore because of my ugly hands as before.

Comment from: Flygrrl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I developed severe psoriasis all over my body as a child. I think the stress of moving to a new state and away from my childhood friends triggered it. Doctors had me try tar shampoo and oil on my scalp to loosen the scales, which just made me a smelly, oily outcast. Finally I saw a specialist at age 16 who prescribed light box treatment. That did the trick. Now I make sure I get a little sun exposure and salt water (ocean, pool) regularly and use baby oil after my shower while skin is still damp and basic moisturizer on my face. I still have some on my scalp because it doesn"t see the sun, but no worries. Sun and salt are very healing; no medications.

Comment from: Shelly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

I have psoriasis all over my body. I have tried every medication that was prescribed by my dermatologist; none worked. I started going to a tanning booth about a year ago and my psoriasis is all but gone except a small patch on my knee. I use Vaseline every day to keep my skin from any itching.

Comment from: Psteven, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 14

In the past 20 something years, I have got back and forth. I think I started with Selsun Blue shampoo and that seemed to work but my psoriasis was not bad back then. Then it stopped to work and my psoriasis got worse. I went to the doctor and he gave me steroids. They worked as well but it didn't last. I then started using Psoria Trax and it has worked ever since. I have gotten to the point where I use a 5% in the winter and a 3% in the summer.

Comment from: searcher, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

I had dramatic results of improvement in psoriasis after going to Dead Sea spa last month. After research I found that it is possible that the body uses up minerals trying to fight gluten. So I am not eating gluten bread anymore. The sea salt baths help remove toxins and also absorb good minerals of which you may be lacking. I also used Melaleuca Renew intensive care therapy. Also you may be vitamin D deficient so you need sunlight. Possibly eating eggs may help as you may be sulfur deficient.

Comment from: Suresh, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

Turmeric is an effective medicine for psoriasis. Take 2 teaspoons of pure turmeric power (better to use homemade turmeric powder) and mix with half glass of water and drink early morning in empty stomach. It will cure your problem within a month. It's from my experience.

Comment from: kimber321, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I'm 46 years old and have had plaque psoriasis since age 15. I've been through the prescription topical creams, light treatments, Amevive, etc., I was 98% covered. Not a single doctor ever told me not to touch the beer. I stopped it and saw how quickly you begin to clear up. Pork is another culprit as it is slow to digest and affects the immune system. For topical relief I tried Boudreaux's Butt Paste, baby diaper rash cream. It may cause a burning sensation for some but for others it is like any other cream and it clears this stuff up. It is $6.99 at the drug store and far outshines Dovonex. For the scalp treatment, Neutrogena T-Gel Shampoo works quickly. I added zinc or zinc supplements to my daily routine, along with the above. I went from 98% covered for years to having only the smallest of spots in 2 or 3 places, all low cost and over the counter.

Psoriasis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?
Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions Question: Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?