Patient Comments: Psoriasis - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?

Comment from: Jay, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

I use Melaleuca shampoo and cleansers with Melaleuca oil for psoriasis. It stops itching and heals the dry skin and is taking the red out of it. It is on my face.

Comment from: vivi, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

I had psoriasis from a very young age like 3 or 4 and it has been so bad that it had affected my whole body. It had affected my toe and other fingers that it would be hard to walk and it got a lot worse with winter. I have tried all kind of medications but none provided good results. And then finally I turned to Ayurvedic treatment. The treatment took years and believe me, it's never easy to follow Ayurvedic medicines, they are so bitter and also you have to follow a very strict diet. But it really works, even though it took a couple of years it can be totally cured.

Comment from: Marce, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

Folic acid cleared up my psoriasis. I take 800 mcg a day.

Comment from: novelator, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I've had psoriasis all my life, over five decades. I have the pustular form and some other kind that takes off toe and fingernails. My daughter has it. I have generally been in remission for years. After three months of working 12 hour days six days a week, I noticed a couple of pustules forming on the fingers of my left hand. So, I bought some chromium picolinate. I take one a day, along with my mega multivitamin and 1000 mg vitamin C daily. No more pustules formed, the immune system is calming down, and I am going back into remission. Chromium picolinate works wonders. I had one outbreak with pustules so bad that my hands would develop sores and they would weep. No one wanted to touch me or have me touch them. It was only by accident I discovered chromium picolinate. In two weeks, the outbreak mentioned above was gone. I thought this might help someone out there. Psoriasis is something that needs to be managed from the inside out, not the 6 to 9 billion dollar a year topical cream market.

Comment from: Sanya, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 30

My family is prone with skin disease maybe because of hereditary reasons. When I saw my daughter with psoriasis, I consulted a known dermatologist in our place and here is what she gave my daughter for medication: I used Muporin Ointment for my daughter and after a month, with regular application (1 in the morning and 1 at bedtime after cleaning with soap and water), her feet were cured. Occasionally on cold weather it occurs but I just put on Muporin again and it works! As for my daughter and husband with psoriasis on scalp, I use Tricort cream every day after shower (once a day). I saw improvements after 2 days and after a week it was gone! And when it occurs I just put on Tricort cream and it also works!

Comment from: Gabe, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 27

I have classic psoriasis patches on my elbows and knees, with minor spots appearing on my forehead and sides. I even have small patches on my penis. This all started in my 20s and now I cry every day from shame and embarrassment. I can't have sex because of this. I've tried all the creams, lotions, potions, ointments, and unguents; nothing works. I want to die.

Comment from: vingers, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 23

I have found that Bee Balm, an ointment consisting of beeswax, propolis, honey, papaya, and oils, seems to control the psoriasis on my legs.

Comment from: Elena, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

They said there is no cure for psoriasis, but I had for years since I was 9 years old to 17 approximately. I don't have it any more, or at least it does not show on my skin. I spent years with the specialist, and got nowhere, so I sought advice and changed my diet 100 percent until today. I eat food that have properties, always looking for depurative products, so always detoxing my body. I use leeks, kiwi, prunes, beetroot, figs, etc. Some people don't believe what I am saying, but the proof is there. Also I don't eat anything fried or grilled, and no red meat. Not forever, just until your skin get better. Finally sea salt soap helps.

Psoriasis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?
Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions Question: Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?
Psoriasis - Diet Question: Do certain foods positively or negatively impact your psoriasis?