Patient Comments: Psoriasis - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?

Comment from: donnakay56, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 20

My husband has been using Polytar soap for 35 years. Now I can't find it anywhere. Products with coal tar in them have always worked for him in the past, but I don't know what to do now. Anyone else having the same problem, getting products with coal tar?

Comment from: RameeD, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

My psoriasis started when i was maybe in my late teenage years. I didn't notice it at first, but when I became pregnant it went away. Shortly after I stopped breast feeding it came back. I only get it behind my ears, my front scalp along the hairline and my eyebrows. I really hate it, but I have found an Rx that works good for me. I am a Woman of color and I use Derma Smoothe FS Scalp Oil. It smells like baby oil and it is the best. When I use it I never itch my head. I would highly recommend this to another person experiencing the same discomfort as me.

Comment from: char, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have been using Soriatane, I have recently noticed my gums have been bleeding and now they have small brow areas around the gums, will this correct itself or do I have permanent damage, I am stopping the drug. I would appreciate any information you might have.

Comment from: Brandon H, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I am 17 years old today actually! I've been using Clobex and it works well, but I just hate using creams. The only negative thing I've seen from it is that it turns you spots white but that's it. I'm sure if your out in the sun a lot they will look better, but I'm not.

Comment from: kdakin, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

Last year I went to the foot doctor because my toe nails looked bad I thought it was nail fungus infection. He took off both toe nails then this year I had another one removed after that I noticed a breakout on my hand rash with little white spots in the center. I finally got to a dermatologist and found out that I had psoriasis. What a shock to find out that my so called 'toe nail fungus' was really psoriasis.

Psoriasis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?
Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions Question: Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?